Sound Mixers Networking Groups In Toronto - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada area?

Dave

Hi All and fellow Canadian Sound Mixers,

Just wondering if there are any sound mixer (or filmaker) networking groups anywhere in the Toronto-Hamilton, ON GTA region? As great as the internet is, I would love to join a networking group or similar, where real live people meet regularly to share knowledge, further the trade, encourage apprenticeships, talk business and marketing as well as technical stuff. Mic shootouts, new equipment testing, listening sessions, tips and tricks sharing - love it all :-)   Kind of old fashioned perhaps, but I for one miss attending regular seminars, industry events, technical societies' meetings, etc. 

Coming from a musician background, it is all about hanging and "jamming" with like-minded "players".  Hoping I can find an outlet for this in the sound recording field.

If nothing like this yet exists in the GTA and anyone else would enjoy creating something, even informally,  that might build local sound community spirit and facilitate meeting new people, I'm in - would love to meet up and chat :-))  Perhaps somewhere in Etobicoke, near Audio Services? 

Anyhow, thanks for your indulgence.

Keep well,

Dave

On 5/17/2018 at 9:45 PM, Jon Blacker said:

Dave, give me a shout. At minimum, we can have coffee at my (photo) studio, not too far from Trew Audio and talk about seeing what we might be able to get rolling. 

I would also absolutely love to be involved. I’m relatively new in the game and it’s been a real struggle to meet other soundies and get some guidance, pointers and tips...and just to shoot the shit :)