New firmware update for RED Epic/Scarlets means MIC-1 = Channel 2 and MIC-2 = Channel 1. Because? They're RED is why.

https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001379467

The audio channels recorded on EPIC/SCARLET cameras running v6.3.78 or later do not match the MIC-1 and MIC-2 ports on the front of the camera. Audio recorded via MIC-1 is Channel 2. Audio recorded via MIC-2 is Channel 1.

Before v6.3.78: 

• MIC-1: Channel 1
  • MIC-2: Channel 2
  •  

v6.3.78 and later: 

• MIC-1: Channel 2
  • MIC-2: Channel 1

The sheer utter madness of it all!! Just plain weird. 

Maybe RED should post out free little stickers to every owner to "correct" the labeling on their RED cameras!

Yeah I'm on a shoot with a RED DMSC2 body today and it just decided to randomly disconnect from my TC box?! Even though the cable was still secure and plugged in. And in that short space of time this went unnoticed the camera had already gone out of sync by a handful of seconds. Bloody REDs, got to always keep your eye on them 

11 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Yeah I'm on a shoot with a RED DMSC2 body today and it just decided to randomly disconnect from my TC box?! Even though the cable was still secure and plugged in. And in that short space of time this went unnoticed the camera had already gone out of sync by a handful of seconds. Bloody REDs, got to always keep your eye on them 

That is probably because with the new firmware, pin 1 in the TC Lemo is now pin 2, and pin 2 is now AM radio antenna input.