Wireless mic use in Iceland ?

Bob Schuck

I've been booked to work on a Doc in Iceland in early July and after a week of research I haven't found any info on available wireless mic frequencies or rules there .  If anyone has shot there or has any info about what frequencies are available I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Bob S.

Worked Iceland in 2012 June/July. Great place, wonderful people. Quiet RF for the most part. We worked out away from cities. I had great range in Blocks 470,19,20,21. All good to use at that time. Very quiet backgrounds can be had in a number of places for boom work.

Near the end of our first week in July we had RF spikes showing up and lack of range hits on the audio working a location in the interior area. Found out later that day, the Russians were running war games with flights near Arctic Circle and the radar sights lit up on that day. I found some clear space after scanning and we were only using a few of channels. That was only for one day and the rest of the time it was clear.

If you are using any carts it can be a tough push over those lava sands.  There is a film and TV industry there.

P Ledford

This is from the PFS, the local authorities for radio communication in Iceland. 
As in most of the EU, the band 470-694 is for radio mics use. They do require license though, but you can find the proper documents on the site. 

I'm not an iceland native, I just googled it, so I'm not speaking out of any deep wisdom. 

https://www.pfs.is/library/Skrar/Tidnir-og-taekni/MHZ_21.12.2015.pdf