bluetooth sound box

newzhack

What better place to ask, hopefully? What would be the best battery powered Bluetooth portable sound box?

Occasionally I would use it for production purposes. It would be nice to play back some test audio on shoots for nervous clients but I mostly want it for my garage and porch where I sit when the weather is nice. 

Regards

John in El Reno

I like my Bose Color SoundLink, which I picked up at Best Buy while on location 3 years ago -- sounds good, reliable, has aux input, indestructible, waterproof, small enough to carry in a backpack. Mine is holding its charge for shorter periods now, but I'd probably get another one when this one dies. Hope this helps.

I Love mine...   Been using it on a job with lots of water for a god mic.  Put a lectro ifb inside connect to the Aux in port( mini )  and viola- self contained waterproof wireless speaker system... or you can use bluetooth if that works better for you..  

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously...the sound is so clean, deep bass, crisp highs. I can’t believe I never heard of them before seeing this thread. Also there’s something so familiar and comforting about it being made out of a Pelican. Maybe it’s that we use them day in and out....I do have to add that one of the most underrated features is no ANNOYING start up / pairing tone or music. It’s just on or off. Like it should be.  Definitely a great addition to my kit! 

16E87681-87AB-4616-A422-862BC73FDBF7.jpeg

• 1 month later...