roubi

DIY sma antenna

On 7/17/2018 at 6:42 AM, roubi said:

The best Leatherman for me : strong, only what I need, and nothing to loose (like those with several screwdriver heads you can add to the body). And yes the pliers function is awesome : https://www.leatherman.com/crunch-1.html

I ordered one! Great to have foldable vice grips in my pocket.

I use the "cable dipoles" in a bag, running the cables (A and B antennas) up the shoulder straps. It worked as advertised. I was using Lectro receivers, but they should work just as well with the G3.

On 6/29/2018 at 10:01 AM, drpro said:

I have had good success with brake or deraileur cable from local bike shop. Cover it with heat shrink in your favorite color.

If you want to go crazy Plasti-Dip makes a wide range of colors and enhancements for covering your antenna wire.

Ohhhh.... that is a good tip, especially as I'm needing some tomorrow for my bicycle anyway!

On 9/26/2018 at 6:19 AM, Glen Trew said:

I use the "cable dipoles" in a bag, running the cables (A and B antennas) up the shoulder straps. It worked as advertised. I was using Lectro receivers, but they should work just as well with the G3.

You made this yourself? Do you have a pic to share?

On 10/23/2018 at 8:10 AM, IronFilm said:

Ohhhh.... that is a good tip, especially as I'm needing some tomorrow for my bicycle anyway!

You made this yourself? Do you have a pic to share?

What I think Glen was meaning to say is a dipole antennas made from 50 Ohm Coax cable. The Lectrosonics YouTube site has a DIY video on the subject.

On 6/29/2018 at 12:01 AM, drpro said:

I have had good success with brake or deraileur cable from local bike shop. Cover it with heat shrink in your favorite color.

If you want to go crazy Plasti-Dip makes a wide range of colors and enhancements for covering your antenna wire.

what cross section did you find and use it?