How to attach axle to 8020?

millar

The 8020 part you want is 2363.  It's in the floor to frame section of the 8020 shop.  This is strong enough to use as a single bolt mount instead of a full through axle, which ends up saving weight.  If you want the full length option I would recommend a non threaded plate on each side of the cart.

There are lots of other options made by 8020 as well, browse the floor to frame section or the fasteners section to get ideas.

I’ve been using linear motion rail guides from Amazon:

uxcell 4pcs SK16 Aluminum Linear Motion Rail Clamping Guide Support for 16mm Dia Shaft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0742B18JW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gRTnBbB0ZX5ET

i drill out the holes to accommodate 1/4-20 bolts and use a short piece of 1050 profile as a spacer. I use the 16mm with a 5/8” axle and Skyway Tuffwheels with 5/8” hubs.

1 hour ago, Phil Rosati said:

I’ve been using linear motion rail guides from Amazon:

uxcell 4pcs SK16 Aluminum Linear Motion Rail Clamping Guide Support for 16mm Dia Shaft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0742B18JW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gRTnBbB0ZX5ET

i drill out the holes to accommodate 1/4-20 bolts and use a short piece of 1050 profile as a spacer. I use the 16mm with a 5/8” axle and Skyway Tuffwheels with 5/8” hubs.

Those look very similar but less expensive than the 8020 stanchion mounts I have been using.  Just ordered a pair to try out.  Thanks for the reference.

On 6/29/2018 at 10:24 PM, Wandering Ear said:

Those look very similar but less expensive than the 8020 stanchion mounts I have been using.  Just ordered a pair to try out.  Thanks for the reference.

No prob. They are thinner than the 1” 8020 stanchion mounts, so you need a flat piece of something to help them sit well against the 8020 profile you’re mounting to.

The math/measurements works out with a 20” bike wheel and 6” caster (7.5” mounting height) to have a piece of 1050 profile (1/2” spacer) between the axle mount and the profile.

hope they work for you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Half inch fits. But I have some 5/8" all thread that fits also  with a snug fit. The minimum diameter on 5/8 thread is supposed to be .617" but the stuff I have measures .602". I'll see if I can get a piece of 5/8 rod in there.