Updating firmware on Sound Devices 633?

alenK

Hi,

I never had a reason to update the software on my 633, but next week we have a 6 input round table project that makes the Dugan Auto mix seem like a good option for the scratch mix.

Has the latest 633 firmware been good to you?

Thank you.

I believe you should update the firmware.. for many needed fixes by Sound Devices... some for features you will use and some that you may not, but there is almost always always a few tweaks for the general system operation.. 

I almost always update ....  If you do have a problem with something, they will always ask if you are on the latest firmware..

I have had no real issues...

Your Dugan on that situation you described is the way to go...  That is how I would approach it...  It will do a better job of getting a mix with that many mics on an improv situation than you could manually..   If they want to remix, they can go back to the ISOs, but that mix I have had great results with right out of the bag.. May not be a scratch mix ..they may use it.. It works great..

Very rare issues reported from colleages even with fw 4.51:

- machine freezes and can't be shut down, sometimes long push of menu button helps

- machine resets to factory default

These issues were reported as already present on other fw versions, so nothing to lose.

On 7/4/2018 at 8:48 PM, Mungo said:

Very rare issues reported from colleages even with fw 4.51:

- machine freezes and can't be shut down, sometimes long push of menu button helps

- machine resets to factory default

These issues were reported as already present on other fw versions, so nothing to lose.

Yeah, this sometimes happens to my 633 since 2 or 3 firmwares back and does't seem like something that will be fixed soon...