• 1 month later...

The media really screwed up the #metoo reporting IMO by inadvertently (?) subverting due process. Not allowing due process to happen without media coverage --> protests --> trial by social media. Unintended consequence? Maybe. Inciting the vulnerable to pitchfork mob mentality is a piece of cake, especially in this Internet Age. Click bait business model is real and perverts the course of justice. [Stole that from some UK cop procedurals.]

Certainly, accusations must be taken seriously and quiet but firm steps taken to ensure everyone's safety, but everyone deserves due process, no? A small percentage of false accusations discredits the whole thing. 

So crazy, but this from Kevin Spacey. What are the facts? I haven't followed the "House of Cards" Spacey story closely.

I'm sorry you had to go through what you've gone through, @Matt Bryant. Speaking of it is huge. Courage! Yes.

Early on in my healing I spent a lot of time on the usenet survivors' forum. A small but vocal group of men were well represented and their stories were made IMO the more difficult for being men. Their wounds deeper and more troubling for the cultural male mandate to physically prevail.

Much love and respect to all of you at the holidays.

There are legal aspects to being sexually assaulted. It wasn't until 30 years after the assaults that I realized there would be legal records since one of my rapists had murdered the other. There would also be newspaper coverage. Took me a long time and much art to hire a couple of private eyes to help me find out exactly what happened and get me the paperwork. It's a process.

This painting helped me understand.

rage_exhibit_surviv3.gif