New sub forum WIRELESS for Equipment?

TommygunZA

It seems that wireless has taken over to a large amount of the recording/movie process and was wondering if it warranted a sub-forum, like Wireless, to keep it together and aid searching?

Im not super technical but have reasonable ears (when the ones not blocked) and Im intrigued with all this chat of preamps and the quality of recorders and mixers as to what we loose using wireless? 

For example:

What would be the differences in your recorded waveform and Hz to Khz S/N ratio, THD and all those other very important things (that you often dont hear) between say

Cos 11 lapel XLR'd direct to a recorder ie633 (coz I have one)

vs

Cos 11 lapel into Lectrosonics transmitter>receiver>recorder

vs

Cos 11 lapel into Sennheiser G3 Transmitter>receiver>recorder

VS

Cos Lapel into Sony wireless transmitter>receiver>recorder

How is your signal getting denatured by wireless compared to it going via a cable? I love the "Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk and cut with an axe" statement. It sort of epitomises that attention to detail people desire while still loosing in the long run. 

The gear I chose it totally arbitrary as long as its the same in each case.

Or maybe a sub-forum is a rubbish idea...but I'm still interested in how mangled sound gets going through wireless as opposed to cable. If this has been  discussed I'd love a link or two to read. I kinda searched but nothing obvious popped up. Ill Google a bit and see if I find anything interesting.