SD 633 question channel 4.5.6 issue

DHuard

I have a SD633 and a couple wisycom receivers.  When I use channels 1.2 or 3 there are no issues but... when I start using channels 4,5,6 I am having troubling raising the trim up high enough. When I try and turn up the trim on those channels it only goes up to 16db and does not get high enough as compared to the first 3 channels.  

I am fairly new but is there a setting in my receiver that will help increase the trim ? 

DH, You don't even sound like your trying.. come on now..

Would you like us to read the menus for you....?  that Wisycom manual... or,  how about read that 633 manual.... want us to read that for you as well..? 

Better yet, sit down at a table with the gear the manuals and a glass of  (fill in blank) and work it out... after reading...  I bet you can figure this out all by yourself... It will all come to you.. You can't expect to work with this gear without at least learning how the gear works first.. Read, read, read....  then ask...

In doing this you will also learn a hundred other things about your gear you did not already know just figuring out the receiver output functions. 

AFMY is correct, the best way to learn about your new kit is to sit down and spend a day or so playing with it.

I spent 2 days with my new field recorder last year trying all options before using it on a job!

When my kids were younger I laved them up and let them run around while checking signal flow dynamics from my new radios more than once..

Grant.

How does someone even own a 633 and not realize half the inputs are line only?! Boggles the mind.

I always thoroughly research my purchase decisions, especially any large ones. 

Those give a quick overview of the 633 inputs. 

As well as all of Matt Price's videos, you should watch the videos Curtis Judd has on the 633, he has a bunch of them. 

I can understand that to someone coming from outside the regular video production sound world the config of the SD 633 would seem very odd: mic pres on only 3 of 6 channels, funny small knobs for 4-6 with menu trims and pan etc etc..  But that is sort of the point--a 633 is a very specialized tool, the result of a lot of experience in making field recorders and input from working location dialog recordists about what they really need and what they don't really need.  SD's manuals are very clearly written, and if that doesn't doesn't work you can always call them on the phone and they will walk you through the functions you aren't understanding.