Bias tee and Betso Sharkie

piero

Hi folks,

I'd like to find a proper bias tee to feed a Betso Shatkie, using a 100 feet coaxial cable (an Aircell 7).

I've bought a Shure Uabiast but I just realize that for cable runs exceeding 25 feet an in line amplifier may be required to compensate for signal loss...damn!

I hope there is a more powerful one on the market.

Maybe the lectrosonics Bias T?Unfortunately on the specifications there is no mention of the maximum cable lenght.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Bias Power and amplification are two different things. Bias Power is like Phantom power... which won't make your antenna signal 'louder' or anything, and you shouldn't have a significant voltage drop of the "phantom power" in the coax run.

That being said the Sharkie has a +18db Amp, which should be more than you need for most signal runs (unless you are using thin coax cable that are super lossy)

As far as Bias power, Your Shures should be just fine but the Professional Wireless Bias-T is what I recommend http://www.professionalwireless.com/product/pws-dual-bias-t-wpower-supply/

3 minutes ago, Shastapete said:

Bias Power and amplification are two different things. Bias Power is like Phantom power... which won't make your antenna signal 'louder' or anything, and you shouldn't have a significant voltage drop of the "phantom power" in the coax run.

That being said the Sharkie has a +18db Amp, which should be more than you need for most signal runs (unless you are using thin coax cable that are super lossy)

As far as Bias power, Your Shures should be just fine but the Professional Wireless Bias-T is what I recommend http://www.professionalwireless.com/product/pws-dual-bias-t-wpower-supply/

13 minutes ago, Shastapete said:

Yes I know the difference between bias power and RF gain, so I misunderstood the Shure specifications...

Yes, I know the difference between bias power and RF gain, I think I misunderstood the Shure specifications...

I understood that an amplification was necessary to compensate the loss of the "bias voltage" for longer cables, the voltage necessary to power the antenna!

Anyway I can't understand why the Uabiast is able to feed the antenna through a 30 feet coaxial cable but not with a 100 feet cable.

I'll check again the bnc connections.

Thank for your answer!