Zaxcom Nomad 7.99A beta test

RadoStefanov

I am beta testing the long waited Nomad 7.99A nomad software. So far so good. It seams the DSP use is a lot less. Non scientific observation. I am doing 2 people scenes all day.

"added automatic mirror metadata update so changes to scene, take, note are automatically written to WAV files as long as mirroring is activated"

37860096_10216941557231070_7801694173471

Cool.  

Does this software borrow anything from the Deva 24?

I have been in contact with Zaxcom recently about getting the PFL to work on playback with an FP8 so hopefully that makes it into the next software revision.

How would editing track names work? you mean editing the track names _during_ a take? Otherwise, why would track name editing be necessary after recording, and how would you do that? 

1) Now, what would be great is when at the playback, the track names reflected their metadata - recorded names.

2) Another +1 for Outputs assigning when in playback

5 minutes ago, resonate said:

How would editing track names work? you mean editing the track names _during_ a take? Otherwise, why would track name editing be necessary after recording, and how would you do that? 

1) Now, what would be great is when at the playback, the track names reflected their metadata - recorded names.

2) Another +1 for Outputs assigning when in playback

Changing names during or after recording is very necessary 

6 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

Changing names during or after recording is very necessary 

Sure, i just cannot see that it's an easy thing to implement - the whole metadata screen have to be redesigned. Would sure be cool, along with wireless audition and re-record, about which i have seen  Glenn Sanders's post on facebook that is "coming next"

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Brian Liston said:

+1. I would use this almost every day if it worked. Roll now, ask question later. Its the new way.

+1, very much a thing in commercials etc--scripty changes scene/take after the take or after everyone has rolled, and no one want to wait for you to reenter data (or will cut to go to a new take).

• 2 weeks later...