IMAX 3D Digital Camera Timecode?

Anyone know anything about timecode input for IMAX 3D digital cameras?  I'm doing a shoot with 3 of them, wondering what kind of input they take and if they hold TC? Or do each of them need a lockit?  Can't find much info about them online.  Any answers would be much appreciated, production is pretty slow to come up with any info.  Thanks!

dont know anything about the camera, but i would say, ALWAYS put a sync box on the camera.

its over 20 years since timecode was a part of the camera system, and only one manufacturer that i am aware of has included ambient sync technology into its hard ware, and even that loses timecode if it is disconnected from a battery for 10 minutes.

since sync now seems to be the remit of the sound department, put a box on there. because it always seems to be us who get the call first when the CAMERAS are out of sync with each other.

And if its 3D, i'd be looking into something with a genlock output too.

Thanks, I'll recommend getting Tri-level Lockits for all the cameras.  I've been mostly fine using just Betso's and Tentacles in the past for any shoots with just Bi-level, but haven't shot any 3D.  Any idea what Tri-level Sync Lockits are compatible with 3k/4k?  Example: Can I use the Denecke SB-T  which doesn't have a setting for 4k? Or would you just set the Genlock setting to 1080?

Just found out I can't rent any Tri-levels up here in Canada so hopefully the cameras have lockits with them that will work.  Thanks for the info!

I would agree John,  I'm out near Calgary and it's not always easy to secure rentals last minute (everything ships from Vancouver or Toronto if not available from another local mixer).  I would assume they have something sorted out to keep camera's synced if they are bringing in a 3 camera 3D IMAX crew, but just trying to stay ahead of the game with very minimal information at the moment.  (Especially with no online spec's for the IMAX camera that I can find).  I've always been fine with my BETSO and Tentacles so far even working on bigger shows, and Tri-Level hasn't ever been much of an issue for me.

Thanks for everyone's input, always nice to have such a wealth of knowledge available from so many experienced mixers.

Thanks for the tip, I hadn't heard of those before and looked them up and was actually able to find 3 rentals to ship out of Montreal for them if production wants them.  Just need to figure out the cables, but they look like good little units. (Also got to have a read through the mini BNC input debate on these, which was most entertaining.)

6 hours ago, darkllamasound said:

(Also got to have a read through the mini BNC input debate on these, which was most entertaining.)

Yes, I'd have preferred a full size BNC connection, but when you see them in person (and the fact they have TWO connectors) you can kinda understand the design decision. Because the USOs are teeny, so it was a choice between DINs or make it bigger? Personally I wouldn't have minded if they're an extra 25% bigger, but hey I understand they choose they other path instead. 

Anywho, the DIN connector is still a better choice than the non-locking 3.5mm that Tentacles use!! :-o 
And there are zillions of happy users of the Tentacles using them every day. (including me)
So no regrets on my purchase of the USOs. 

As mentioned, if 3D camera to camera sync is a big deal and because of this all 3D shoots I've worked on cam dept has supplied the TC setup and given me one of their units for sound sync. I wouldn't go near it without thorough cam tests and a decent hire fee to sort it.