BoomRecorder being used on "Love Island"

https://www.ibc.org/production/love-island-from-villa-to-screen/2932.article

"ITV went with DANTE over IP into a boom recorder."

I feel like something got lost in translation? I assume they mean "BoomRecorder"

For the curious about the lav mics:

The radio mics worn by the contestants have been upgraded by Canadian developer Q5X to be fully waterproofed and also rechargeable, saving the production the expense of carting around hundreds of batteries (there are two mic packs per contestant).

“In the first series we had some mics damaged by water from around the pool area so we worked with Q5X to refine the kit,” says Kruger. “Now a contestant could jump in the pool and the transmitters and mic capsules wouldn’t suffer long term damage plus we don’t have to deal with the often fiddly and unsightly aqua packs.

“Generally, they are worn on the arm or in a bumbag but we can also clip them onto floats in the pool and keep them at water level to continue transmitting.”

So many cameras, so few crew?!

“It’s quite remarkable that we can control sixty-odd cameras with just two operators when years ago that would have been unheard of.” Steve Kruger, ITV Studios

• 3 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 8:15 AM, IronFilm said:

So many cameras, so few crew?!

In the late nineties I studied media and it was the time of the world's first Big Brother ever here in the Netherlands. they approached us students to work for a penny on the hand operated cameras behind the one way mirror windows, or operating the dozens of remote controlled cameras. Back in the day it was the same. 2 or 3 operators controlling the joysticks, which was doable because 1; there where so many cameras, thus lots of time to reframe an other. 2; the "aesthetic" framing was relatively wide, so very forgiving. It basically meant the operator just had to made some minor corrections. Nowadays there are even auto tracking systems, facial recognition etc in play. I believe NEP, the system integrator, is utilising IBM Watson for that, even to automatically edit, archive and distribute segments. Oh and collectively the whole class refused to work for them, i think the pay was like 150 Guilders, which translated to 75 US dollars...