stingray junior and k-tek waist harness

Prahlad Strickland

Anyone used the stingray junior and k-tek harness, or the k-tek waist harness in general?

I plan to setup the mix pre 6,  IFB200 and a QRX200 as a portable super lightweight setup with IFB200 as the master clock.  Just wondering, looking at pictures, and without being able to try it here in Hawaii, curious how it goes being down low like that and walking around.  Seems like it's ok for walking, but def seems restricting even for walking?

I use this setup and it works very well. I also incorporate a light backpack to put some accessories in when building bag up. I added carabiners to backpack straps to clip to bag top D rings and it makes it best of both worlds of harness and waist straps when in situations that require run n gun all day. I drop backpack When things settle and return to lightweight etc

-Ken

I have the junior, a harness, and a waist belt, and I mostly use the waist belt with it. The tradeoff I've found is that the belt doesn't distribute weight as well as the harness, but with the harness I take the bag off way less because it's time consuming. If I'm in a situation where I know I'll have to keep the bag on all day anyway (shooting long doc scenes in crowds or moving around a lot) I'll wear the harness, but otherwise I find that ultimately the belt and wearing the bag less is the better choice.

11 hours ago, Ilari Sivil said:

I prefer a waist belt to a shoulder strap, but a harness is the best solution when the bag's weight builds up. I don't ever want to use a single shoulder strap again, it really messes up my back, even with just an MM1.

Yeah I'm using the Orca waist belt for my boom op with a MM1 + TX + RX 

But for myself when I'm carrying my recorder, it is always a harness 

10 hours ago, Patrick Tresch said:

If under 2kg would you go with a shouder strap? I'm looking for a small bag for the Sonosax-SX R4+.

I use the Petrol PS7 for my SXR4+ kit, it's the perfect size/weight with the AH-2HB Portabrace Harness and waist strap. I've been using this setup for the past year without issues. Tried an Orca32(?) but the PS7 is easier to manage and fits to my body shape better. (I'm an average size dude, no big belly yet..)

PM me if you want more photos, this is just one I found in a hurry.

sxr4+ bag.jpg