664 sound devices time code

Marla

My 664 has been on for about 30 min and now it’s timecode is blinking with dashes. Getting ready to start recording. If I turn it off then back in it resets. It happened yesterday during setup. I thought it was a low battery but today I gave fresh np1 in. 

Thsnks for any advice 

Marla 

With power off, hold down both the Menu and Meters buttons.
- Turn on the power and continue to hold down  the Menu and Meters buttons until a message saying "Formatting Settings, Please Wait..." appears.  Then you can release Menu & Meters.
- Once the 633 boots up, navigate to MAIN MENU > 11. QUICK SETUP > 1.  LOAD SETTINGs, then select & load Factory Default.

Thanks for the quick responses.

It turns out that the TC holds while recording so I am good there.  I recorded for 2 hours straight and no problems. I did try to call SD today when it happened, however I forgot it was Labor Day and they were closed.  I'll call tomorrow when I have a chance. 

osborne456- I am not comfortable with resetting  and reloading right before I shoot. I may try that later.

Dalton- my firmware is up to date.  Thanks for the reminder if it wasn't.

I'll write another post if I get any good info that could help others out.

Marla