Sonosax M2D2

Trey LaCroix

This does look like a lovely device, useful for so any things. I do wonder how much more it would have cost to integrate a 2 track recorder - (if only for redundancy when working with other devices/recorders a bit like a 552).  Maybe like the cost of a radio mic with a recorder? An heir to the departed MiniR82?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a home made 3D print.

I should change the design to put another hot shoe mount on the other side of the M2D2.

Here is the 3D model if you want to change it... 😉

https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/f0d7f21a-9c55-4371-aa03-333209a05338

I used the service of Shapeways in Black PA12

https://www.shapeways.com/?etId=192741486&utm_source=automated-contact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order-item-to-production&utm_content=0

Patrick

12 hours ago, Patrick Tresch said:

It's a home made 3D print.

I should change the design to put another hot shoe mount on the other side of the M2D2.

Here is the 3D model if you want to change it... 😉

https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/f0d7f21a-9c55-4371-aa03-333209a05338

I used the service of Shapeways in Black PA12

https://www.shapeways.com/?etId=192741486&utm_source=automated-contact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order-item-to-production&utm_content=0

Patrick

Thank you Patrick!

On 10/16/2019 at 10:38 AM, Patrick Tresch said:

My 3D printed cold shoe accessory for the M2D2.

Tried to find a solution for all common configurations. Work in progress...

ljyaJ.jpg

KKPwY.jpg

jmxkR.jpg

mqYg5.jpg

b0Nja.jpg

WLk4w.jpg

Patrick,

Would it be possible to adapt this version of the bracket for use in a "rigid divider frame style" ORCA bag for running the M2D2 in a vertical orientation?

6 hours ago, Vincent R. said:

@Patrick Tresch that is a nice print! did you or Shapeways did some surface finishing or is it straight from the printer?

I received it like that. No special order. 

13 hours ago, David Lawrence said:

Patrick,

Would it be possible to adapt this version of the bracket for use in a "rigid divider frame style" ORCA bag for running the M2D2 in a vertical orientation?

Would you use Right angle cables like te Kortwich ones? 

http://www.filmtontechnik.de/products-from-kortwich/kortwich-right-angle/?L=1.%27((%27(),.,

To know what depth the bracket should be to protect the in/outputs cables.

Patrick 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Jacques,

Any chance M2D2 gets a card slot and has it's own record function 1 day (R2D2)? I know M2D2 can be used very well with a mobile phone but an in built record function would complement this in a reassuring way as some times mobile phones go a bit, you know, 'funny'.  Regards,  d r 

On 12/23/2019 at 11:38 AM, daniel said:

Hey Jacques,

Any chance M2D2 gets a card slot and has it's own record function 1 day (R2D2)? I know M2D2 can be used very well with a mobile phone but an in built record function would complement this in a reassuring way as some times mobile phones go a bit, you know, 'funny'.  Regards,  d r 

In our days it’s difficult to find a market for a two track recorder. People find that 16 tracks is already to small... I wonder what Jacques would say though... 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Tresch said:

In our days it’s difficult to find a market for a two track recorder. People find that 16 tracks is already to small... I wonder what Jacques would say though... 

Yes, indeed Patrick. Although if it did, the iso's of all I/Ps and a sum/mix would be more than 2 tracks(?) and more than most IOS apps and cameras offer. For me it's as much about redundancy when using something like IOS as the bit bucket and having something rolling even when the camera stops (if that is being used as the main destination for the O/Ps). It's a very nice device as it is so I intend no criticism as such - just to say an integrated recorder, would give some back up to the  intended destinations. d r

2 hours ago, OnTheSoundSideOfLife said:

Is it possible to use AES, Analog and USB outputs simultaneously?

Yes, all the outputs can be used simultaneously .

2 hours ago, OnTheSoundSideOfLife said:

From the manual it seems like you have to decide what sources you want to output on the left and right mix channel. Would it be possible to output two Analog and two AES channels on their respective outputs simultaneously?

Yes, you can select a totally independent source for each output (Phones, Line out, AES out, USB out), and you can even select a different source for the left and right channels of this output .

For each output, you can individually select the source signal between these options : Mic/Line Inputs, AES inputs, USB inputs, or the internal Mix (please note, the internal mixer is just a matrix, you can't adjust the mix levels of the inputs) .

And for each source, you can  choose how you want to assign them them to this output : off, mono, stereo, reverse stereo, MS,  1>Left, 1 >Center, 1>Right, 2>Left, 2>Center, 2>Right .

In other words, any input channel can be routed to any output channel, and even multiple input channels can be routed to any output channel !

The SX-M2D2 is a very powerful machine, despite its very small size !