Dual Tumbleweeds

LarryF

On 9/9/2018 at 4:57 PM, Richard Nault said:

I hope that these 'two channel's of Tumble weeds are about to 'transmit' or 'hop' this fence 'wireless'ly.

Unfortunately it takes at least 10 tumbleweeds to hop a fence, so that will be a while. However, today is just M1day but tomorrow is 2'sday. The augury of the tumbleweeds will become clear.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

https://www.lectrosonics.com/US/Recorder-Accessories/product/spdr.html

Stereo Portable Digital Recorder

24 minutes ago, Constantin said:

You mean there is more going to come tumbling down... soon?

Soon is such a flexible word and could be misleading in meaning, such as soon synonyms: 

directly
early
instantly
promptly
quickly
rapidly
shortly
speedily
presently
anon
any minute now
before long
betimes
by and by
coming down the pike
ere long
expeditiously
fast
fleetly
forthwith
hastily
in a little while
in a minute
in a second
in a short time
in due time
in short order
in time
lickety-split
on time
posthaste
pronto
quick
short

Let's just say, during this year and during this decade.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

p.s. I can say there are lots of tumbleweeds in New Mexico

Let's put it this way - we have 15 engineers who, if not gainfully employed by us, are scary smart enough to design a new giant laser that would threaten London, forcing MI6 to take Bond out of retirement, driving another Aston Martin (which would leak oil everywhere) and  all the subsequent mess that would ensue.  We consider it part of our social responsibility to keep them off the street.  Well, 15 of them designing away means that occasionally, it is inevitable that a device of unknown portent will emerge form the darkened caverns of engineering.  If it sees its beta shadow, it retreat back into the bowels - if it sees only sunlight, it moves into production and propagates.   

There is the sound of much scurrying and scratching from the depths of the portal.........................  and an occasional tumbleweed. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Steel said:

If nothing else I expect a flurry of transmitter re-certifications - like, this month - or there will be problems with having things to sell.  That is, unless there is something about the new rules I don't understand - or someone has set up a shell grantee code to thwart my searches on "dbz"

Lectro re-certifications have been done at high multiples of tens of thousands of dollars. The FCC doesn't discriminate between users and sellers when it comes to grief. They are an Equal In-Opportune Agency. 

I'm not sure why they aren't visible yet unless the Feds are just backlogged.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

p.s. I actually have a lot of respect and sympathy for the FCC; they are underfunded, overworked and trying to work out the ridiculous mandates thrown at them by Congress.

p.s.s. To paraphrase Harry Truman: The Big Companies must really like Congress. They keep trying to buy them.

Hello Larry,

I'm happy about your announcement as I was looking for a buddy with AES input for this guy : Sonosax - M2D2

Do you know if the AES input of the SPDR is compatible with the AES Out of the M2D2?

Now I want to ask Sonosax to make a bracket to mount your SPDR on the M2D2.

Pat

PS: BTW your wiereless system rocks. Keep doing the good work.

Copious quantities of paperwork are being generated  - the testing is done (with one exception which leaves in the next few days) and into the hands of the FCC machine for the re-certifications. Should slide over smoothly on October 13.   (One month to go!)  Imagine being in the FCC and getting re-submittals for EVERY brand and model of us law abiding wireless microphone manufacturers......   Somewhere, there's a clerk with boxes of paperwork in his office......... silently considering a drastic career change.