Better Bolts for the HN 7506

MattRitt

The bolt above the earpiece on the HN 7506 headphones comes loose every so often in the field and it’s an absolute pain to tighten.

123.jpg

Right now I figure I’ll grab a small wing nut to replace the top but it will still be less than ideal to tighten it from underneath working around the earpiece itself.

I was hoping one of you had run into this problem before and might have a better solution?

Two thoughts:

1. Try some Loctite on the threads of the bolt. You should be able to buy Loctite at any good hardware store or at an automotive supply shop. 

2. You could also purchase nuts with nylon inserts that provide friction against the bolt and diminish the likelihood of the bolt working free. 

David 

Yea the headphones do come with the nylon locking ones, I must have just gotten a bad bolt.  

Unfortunately all the butterfly bolts I found were to big to sit above the headphones.  So I ended up getting some loctite and new nylock nuts.

I was a little worried about the permanence of the Loctite but I figure that's better than having it come loose on set again and I don't think i have ever adjusted that bolt for comfort anyways.