New from Lectro.

r.paterson

8 hours ago, r.paterson said:

Id be very interested hearing on any RF spray from SPDR..cheers

So would I!  It shouldn't be an issue - Don't forget, we are a wireless company - RF is kind of our thing........   We designed this with bags in mind - we sure as heck aren't going to build something that interferes with our other products.  Our beta testers reported no issues at all in that regard (and they used them in bags.  Some also used the AES inputs in their bags).

Fully tested by an independent lab (Siemic) from 30MHz to 1GHz under FCC CFR Part 15 subpart B, Canadian ICES-003 Class B, European Standards EN55032:2012+AC2013, EN55024:2010, and EU safety standard EN60065K, 

Gordon

Too bad there is no audio loop through to connect it to a transmitter for complex situations (still have a recorded file when out of range)...

Or can the headphone out be set to line level (according to the manual it is a HP/Line out but i don't see any other settings apart from a level control)?

The Lectro preamp has a rounded tone with a golden, chocolaty aftertaste that is most satisfying to the sophisticated listener. The SD preamp has more of a bright, silvery texture with just a touch of tarnish. If you color the input XLR's of the SD with a green magic marker, 93% of this tarnish is removed leading to an astounding equivalency with the Lectro preamp.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

8 hours ago, LarryF said:

If you color the input XLR's of the SD with a green magic marker, 93% of this tarnish is removed leading to an astounding equivalency with the Lectro preamp.

Be careful not to use too much magic marker- the weight of the ink could disrupt the XLR's rotational balance and centripetal force will shatter it into a thousand pieces.

Mmm, tarnish.

7 hours ago, Allen Rowand said:

Be careful not to use too much magic marker- the weight of the ink could disrupt the XLR's rotational balance and centripetal force will shatter it into a thousand pieces.

Mmm, tarnish.

With extensive testing, I've found that a red Sharpie, manufactured before 1937, works best. Gives a nice, wooden vintage tone with an immaculate depth to it, but only after burning the cable in. You also need to use high-quality cable lifters, even on wireless.

1 hour ago, Ilari Sivil said:

With extensive testing, I've found that a red Sharpie, manufactured before 1937, works best. Gives a nice, wooden vintage tone with an immaculate depth to it, but only after burning the cable in. You also need to use high-quality cable lifters, even on wireless.

Hi LLari,

Allow me to respectively but firmly disagree. After doing extensive double blind testing, our seeing eye dog definitely prefers the green Magic Marker. He is getting old and has reactionary tastes but his sense of smell is still excellent.

On the other hand, my cats could give a Damn.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

6 hours ago, drpro said:

They do things a bit differently in New Mexico.  Probably the heat does something to their brains

We think it is the secondary smoke drifting down from Colorado.

LEF

On 9/13/2018 at 7:38 AM, LarryF said:

The Lectro preamp has a rounded tone with a golden, chocolaty aftertaste that is most satisfying to the sophisticated listener. The SD preamp has more of a bright, silvery texture with just a touch of tarnish. If you color the input XLR's of the SD with a green magic marker, 93% of this tarnish is removed leading to an astounding equivalency with the Lectro preamp.

I just did a spit-take all over my computer display.  😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 9:30 AM, LarryF said:

Hi LLari,

Allow me to respectively but firmly disagree. After doing extensive double blind testing, our seeing eye dog definitely prefers the green Magic Marker. He is getting old and has reactionary tastes but his sense of smell is still excellent.

On the other hand, my cats could give a Damn.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

We think it is the secondary smoke drifting down from Colorado.

LEF

Love my Lectros!