688 Frozen at Splash Screen

gooninator484

Using my 688 today on set the mixer cut off the monitor audio and the display froze simultaneously. The mixer could not be powered down. I had do a hard shutdown to get it to turn off. (Power off/held down menu button) That allowed it to power off but now will will not start beyond the splash screen. I’ve removed everything that can plug in. Including the aa’s and the memory cards. Still no luck. I’m using approved Sandisk SD and CF cards. I was only using three channels. 2 x SRC’s and a boom. I’m on firmware version v4.51. I’m dead in the water here. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance 

When you pull the int. batteries...?  wait a couple minutes... re load batts, plug back whatever else powers the unit and restart..

It works for me on that rare freeze on startup, I have never had the unit freeze during use.

Maybe reload a new firmware if nothing else works.  That will get you back to square one.  Save your set up of course..

I would never recommend “rolling back” firmware. If anything newer firmware will have squashed bugs from earlier versions.

I would rather try re-applying the latest one.

Also, even if the cards are on the approved list, they could still possibly have issues. Crap happens. Personally, I reformat all cards before every work day (after backing up, of course). Maybe try with one of the cards in the recorder at a time to eliminate which one (if any) has a problem....

Best advice of all would be to contact  Sound Devices directly and talk to one of their tech support people. They are great.