Jump to content
cineli

CINELA "COSI"

Recommended Posts

New concept, technique and design !

For microphones shorter than 15cm, specially with short body end like Schoeps MiniCMIT, Sennheiser MKH8000, DPA4017C & 4018C, Sanken CS-M1 and many others. More infos soon ! First shippings before end of september.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible! Cinela has done it again, producing the perfect integrated windscreen and shockmount that preserves the legendary Cinela sound. As I have said many, many times, the Cinela windscreen is the ONLY windscreen that provides the all important wind protection and preserves the natural and real properties of the microphone ---- just about as transparent as anyone could hope for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will it be possbile to choose the thin fabric that is used on the pianissimo and leo range, instead of the fur (like you showed at IBC 2017)? I know the concept is to be able to switch between indoor and outdoor very fast and without change. But since I already own a pianissimo that I use outdoors, I would rather like to buy something that is dedicated for indoor use only and choose the fabric over the fur for even more transparent sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update from IBC: Price will be below Pianissimo, and something around the price of Leo+Osix. I'm sure Philippe will tell us soon. Cosi will only be available with fur, there will be no fabric-only version like used in the Pianissimo range.

 

None of that information is guaranteed tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only nit picking and well for all i know it works as good as shown ! but thats not what i see here.

In most of the shots where people show how to abuse it, it is not the actual sound of that suspension....so what the use of that is,  is beyond me. 

watch this https://youtu.be/wuEvIX3N0Sw?t=273

now witch mic sounds like that while doing this and talking into it on the backside (unless it was a rear in a double MS or an omni... but that does sound different ....  so yeah text underneath... there is absolutely no noise... yes no noise :)

Then here this couple  doing the wobble before and yes we heared nothing...  but now when the mic moved towards the guy...   yeah nothing either so again we are not listening to the boom but we listen to another boom op that records them moving there new gadget around... okeee.
https://youtu.be/wuEvIX3N0Sw?t=332

 

The thing might rock i dont know... but the video is not saying much  :(

 

On 9/12/2018 at 5:22 PM, Jeff Wexler said:

Incredible! Cinela has done it again, producing the perfect integrated windscreen and shockmount that preserves the legendary Cinela sound. As I have said many, many times, the Cinela windscreen is the ONLY windscreen that provides the all important wind protection and preserves the natural and real properties of the microphone ---- just about as transparent as anyone could hope for. 

You've heard it in real life ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Wrinex,

all the prototype testers have been invited to talk totally freely. We also invite  them to make real recordings but they were all busy on shootings. On the video, the only real sounds from COSI comes from Rado Stevanov (high shaking) and the "Hey Bro" guy in Portugal (high wind). We may produce others videos, measurments and tests in...a while (but we are very busy)...but will you trust us ?

You have the choice either to wait for the "world reply" or test it yourself. Some dealers begin to get demo units from us. Where are you based ? We can make sure that a dealer around will have units soon.

Let us know !

P.Chenevez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cineli said:

Dear Wrinex,

all the prototype testers have been invited to talk totally freely. We also invite  them to make real recordings but they were all busy on shootings. On the video, the only real sounds from COSI comes from Rado Stevanov (high shaking) and the "Hey Bro" guy in Portugal (high wind). We may produce others videos, measurments and tests in...a while (but we are very busy)...but will you trust us ?

You have the choice either to wait for the "world reply" or test it yourself. Some dealers begin to get demo units from us. Where are you based ? We can make sure that a dealer around will have units soon.

Let us know !

P.Chenevez


It is ok, i wondered why not the original material was used. but yeah that explains it.  i have no need for any wind protection :) of any brand. but i kind of moved into the what i would care for if i did mode.  some tests would be great ! i think you guys did some AB testing few years back. thats the way to go for me. not so much by shooting other brands down but you can shine with what yours does regardless !

Greetings Joppe


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Cosi is up on Trew's site and is listed at $529. I was hoping for a $400 price point based on the LEO ($150) + Osix ($250) comment, and at $529 the step up to the Pianissimo isn't far away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

450€ ex. VAT / This comes with or without a Boom Operator? LOL

Pianissimo seems more logical step at this price range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shastapete said:

the Cosi is up on Trew's site and is listed at $529. I was hoping for a $400 price point based on the LEO ($150) + Osix ($250) comment, and at $529 the step up to the Pianissimo isn't far away.

 

Sorry for your disappointment, thats just what I got told. Based on EU prices (415€ for Osix+Leo ex. VAT) 450€ is pretty much "around". Depending on the type of work you do and the mics you use, Pianissimo might be the better choice. Cosi is for people who want a Cinela windshield/suspension for their MiniCmit or 4018c, something that wasn't available for indoor use by Cinela so far. It's for people who don't want to spend money on Pianssimo AND Osix+Leo, but still want the keyfeatures of Cinela products (great suspension, transparent sound, light weight) for in and outdoor use with a compromise. For me, someone who already owns a Pianissimo, buying Osix+Leo makes more sense. Overall I would say having both Pianissimo and Osix is the best solution you can get, but Cosi is a great compromise for less money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, but can we expect the new swivel and xlr holder that is on the new cosi to be engineered into the existing piano and pianissimo lines? Maybe even the OSIX line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ryanpeds said:

Just curious, but can we expect the new swivel and xlr holder that is on the new cosi to be engineered into the existing piano and pianissimo lines? Maybe even the OSIX line?

 

I think you can buy the new swivel and switch it with the old one. Works for both Osix and E-Osix, but not Piano and Pianissimo I suppose.

 

http://www.cinela.fr/catalog.php?pid=99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the situation with this new COSI swivel:

- All OSIX serie units are now provided with it, but fitted with fixed screws (XLR only on side, as usual).

- As a replacement part for OSIX serie, you can order the reference "SW-UL" instead of our "old" reference SW-LB. It will be fitted with fixed screws.

- All E-OSIX serie units are now provided with this swivel, with both "violin" screws and rotating functions (as COSI).

- PIANO, PIANISSIMO and Zephyx series still keep their original swivels.

 

About COSI price.

We did our best to limit the end price...but everyone has to appreciate two things:

- Design costs are very high. All pieces (unbreakable) are totally new shapes. Moulds are numerous (and NOT made in Asia). Many many versions/prototypes has been made.

- The unit is a real different tool as the usual ones. Is it a "suspension" (indoor) ? Is it a "windshield" (outdoor) ? Certainly both. Surprisingly good and ready for evolution (other external layers, other mike adaptations, etc...)

Try it, and send us feedbacks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cineli said:

Here is the situation with this new COSI swivel:

- All OSIX serie units are now provided with it, but fitted with fixed screws (XLR only on side, as usual).

- As a replacement part for OSIX serie, you can order the reference "SW-UL" instead of our "old" reference SW-LB. It will be fitted with fixed screws.

- All E-OSIX serie units are now provided with this swivel, with both "violin" screws and rotating functions (as COSI).

- PIANO, PIANISSIMO and Zephyx series still keep their original swivels.

 

About COSI price.

We did our best to limit the end price...but everyone has to appreciate two things:

- Design costs are very high. All pieces (unbreakable) are totally new shapes. Moulds are numerous (and NOT made in Asia). Many many versions/prototypes has been made.

- The unit is a real different tool as the usual ones. Is it a "suspension" (indoor) ? Is it a "windshield" (outdoor) ? Certainly both. Surprisingly good and ready for evolution (other external layers, other mike adaptations, etc...)

Try it, and send us feedbacks !

 

How resistant to rain would this be? Would it be capable of handling a reasonable shower? Also, is the low cut filter built in to every model or just the one for the mini cmit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear PJ Rankin,

About rain, the good thing is that the microphone is not so badly completely surrounded...but it cannot do the magic. The big rain drops will ever make noise because the impact remains quite near to the membrane. Our KELLY units have 3cm thickness, around large cages, and that is not for nothing... We may propose a waterproof treatment (like KELLY), but only to fight for water/humidity. The back part of the microphone holder is also nicely closed, but not exactly sealed ! Anyway, I'm sure many people will find some DIY solutions to help water fighting in light rains...

There are no Low cut integrated in the unit. The MiniCMIT integrates a dream rumble filter by itself. For other mikes, you have to make sure of the rumble filtering, exactly like you have to do with any kind of suspension/windshield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Cineli,

 

I've been using Leo 20 MS with fur and I'm looking for a better wind protection but remaining the smallest possible (I often mount it on cameras).
How is the Cosi in comparison with the Leo? Does it have better wind protection?

I also use the Zephyx CCM MS for bigger setup or boom. I'm wondering if your Cosi also work in a MS configuration?

Thanks

 

Patrick

 

A7s2_CMC41_BD1_zpsmlbylkpn.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×