Daniel Ignacio

Deity Connect.

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

If you're buying more than one channel, then per channel costs matter. 

True, but less so if the maximum number of channels is only 4 (vs 8 of some of the other systems).

Nobody has done a head to head test of them just yet, so can't answer the first two points yet. (but I strongly expect the Deity to have greater range based on the spec sheet)

True and the test should have more than 1 channel going and ideally be head to head realtime.

TX size matters far less to consumers than we think, thus the reason why the very bulky RodeLink is so very popular. 

Maybe if the range is better people will keep a RodeLink in a bag but for most of the stuff this gets used for it's not about range.

Deity's concept, packaging and features are all much more pro than the others even though it's fixed on a frequency band which limits Connect to 4 channels amongst other things. Hopefully the sound quality makes cheaply supplementing a UHF system with up to 4 extra  channels viable.

5 hours ago, IronFilm said:

TX size matters far less to consumers than we think, thus the reason why the very bulky RodeLink is so very popular. 

They are very popular because they are/were the cheapest ones that really work. You had to go Boyu, or some exotic name/product to find a cheaper wireless system, and AVX was easily double the price, or more.

The Go and XS will doninate that market now.

Most Youtubers, solo low budget cameramen, kids, usually have 1 person talking in front of their cameras.

In anyway, this is a race to the bottom, I am not that interested right now.

13 hours ago, daniel said:

True, but less so if the maximum number of channels is only 4 (vs 8 of some of the other systems).

I thought you can use a max of four receivers? But the receivers are dual channel, thus a total of 8x TX can be used at once. 

16 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I thought you can use a max of four receivers? But the receivers are dual channel, thus a total of 8x TX can be used at once. 

That was earlier before the release, now they are claiming 4 channels if I recall correctly. 

2 hours ago, Mattias Larsen said:

That was earlier before the release, now they are claiming 4 channels if I recall correctly. 

Anyways,because 2.4Ghz inside, I don't see the necessity to have 4 channels if any physical barriers (wall, doors, bushes, human bodys) between the Tx and the Rx generate drop outs like early consumers report on Deity FB group… It seems to only working good in direct line of sight, with the Tx in the front pocket...

👿

Allen Williams did a really thorough video on his Sound Speeds channel.

Maybe this will help answer some of the remaining questions. I’m in agreement with kisaha that it’s stuck between segments. Not reliable enough for pros but maybe more than consumers need.  

On 5/14/2019 at 7:01 PM, Ed Denton said:

Not trying to be a dick about it, but 

I was taught to resist the impulse to make statements like this, because it’s a pretty clear acknowledgement that you’re about to do what you’re “not trying” to do.