Jump to content
Daniel Ignacio

Deity Connect.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

All these sound amazing, really. Is this true diversity X 2, or if only one TX is beeing used?

true, there are actually 4 antennae; 2 extra on the pcb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Vincent R. said:

Both and yes "real" line level +4 dBu.

besides the lavs, you get more bang for the buck; Diversity, 2 channel receiver, REAL remote control of the TX, SMA on all devices, up to 100mw TX power etc etc.

 

Thanks Vincent.

Are you getting some real world experience with this system? Really keen to know how 6+ channels of this system work out in a typical production scenario.

Also, have these been tested with the obvious capsule choices (Sanken, DPA, Countryman etc)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daniel said:

Thanks Vincent.

Are you getting some real world experience with this system? Really keen to know how 6+ channels of this system work out in a typical production scenario.

Also, have these been tested with the obvious capsule choices (Sanken, DPA, Countryman etc)?

Just with the Prototype at the IBC last September. It was working well and all, in a hostile environment (see posts from a couple of pages before) as well as in typical locations with walls and outside, the range you can expect from a lectro at 50mw or something. We just had the Deity lav mics and some Sennheiser mics on hand, but they are not special or something so all should work with the usual brands as well. But indeed we didn't test that. The spec sheet of one of the main components states that to be on the safe side of things one should/can use 3/4 systems/receivers together. meaning 6/8 audio transmitters. Technically you can go beyond that, but real world should tell us if that is really possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vincent R. said:

Just with the Prototype at the IBC last September. It was working well and all, in a hostile environment (see posts from a couple of pages before) as well as in typical locations with walls and outside, the range you can expect from a lectro at 50mw or something. We just had the Deity lav mics and some Sennheiser mics on hand, but they are not special or something so all should work with the usual brands as well. But indeed we didn't test that. The spec sheet of one of the main components states that to be on the safe side of things one should/can use 3/4 systems/receivers together. meaning 6/8 audio transmitters. Technically you can go beyond that, but real world should tell us if that is really possible. 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem. Andrew is your man with the real answers, lots could be changed in the meantime since the IBC prototype, bot inside and outside (for starters, the retail version RX will be smaller). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Placeslost said:

Why are you making these yellow? No one ever needs a mic pack to be more visible. 

Yellow is their color for everything. I agree it’s not the most logical choice for something that needs to be hidden. I guess gaff on the sides will help but it’s lame you have to do that.

 

I’m curios to see these out in the real world. I’m pretty skeptical but would love if they work as well as they say they will. Zaxnet has made me pretty weary of anything 2.4ghz and range, but maybe they figured it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love yellow. These will fit inside a waist belt (like from URSA or Viviava), so no issues with being visible the color. Smaller transmitter is the next big thing from Deity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 10:09 PM, Vincent R. said:

 

49213161_10161092417980214_4196957984846249984_n.jpg

 

7 hours ago, Placeslost said:

Why are you making these yellow? No one ever needs a mic pack to be more visible. 

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Placeslost said:

Why are you making these yellow? No one ever needs a mic pack to be more visible. 

It's a good idea to read a whole tread before commenting 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IronFilm said:

 

 

I wonder if there could be an app for changing the names (and other settings) of the TX? Would speed it up an awful lot vs using the built in keyboard!

 

 

 

That would require a separate Bluetooth transceiver, so unless these have one I don't think it will happen (WiFi wouldn't work as they said the units aren't using the WiFi protocols, they're just in the same frequency space). 

Personally, I wouldn't be switching the names up much, as I'm maybe mostly interested in this thing as a camera hop. Sure, why not as a supplemental pair of talent channels as well, but mostly as hop.

 

I'll be interested in seeing some real world range tests and some nice sound tests, like the same signal driven through a mixer into two channels, the other wired and the other through this system, into a recorder and then compared, with dialogue, key chain test etc.

 

Also it'd be cool to see one opened up to see which type of batteries they use and how easy it would be to eventually self-service a new one into them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Allen Rowand said:

It was cool until the 19ms latency part. I get why it's there but it's a bit of a drag.

 

A touch over half a frame. Hmmmm. Not sure if this is a deal breaker. The Zaxcom ZMT transmitters are what, like 8ms? By the time everything happens through the digital mixer that would put things nearly a whole frame behind. Hmmmm. The ERXs are 8ms also I believe, but the range is not awesome.

 

Hmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some very interesting ideas for the price. 10/25/50/100mV is a great choice to have.

 

The way they use the latency - for signal and not for encryption - is a bit suspect, but no biggie I guess.

 

Is the microphone mount compatible with the Sony's system, or only G3/Rodelink?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

s the microphone mount compatible with the Sony's system, or only G3/Rodelink?

You mean the wiring of the 3.5 mm? If so, no, Sony not so wisely has chosen to flip the 2 points of the TR of TRS, making them "unique" in the audio world. In other words, they isolated themselves.
2016-08-26-10-12-40.jpg
https://wavreport.com/2016/04/18/tutorial-sony-uwp-lav-adapter-cable/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...