Should I L&D this wire?

mojofunkster

I'm working on a two day gig. One of my cos11d's was working at one location but at the nexted, I started getting pops and cut outs. It got worse. I took it apart and put it back together and now I'm getting nothing. The wire is maybe 2 years old and I take pretty good care of all my gear. Should production cover this or should I just eat it?

Thanks,

SW

On 9/24/2018 at 4:13 PM, mojofunkster said:

I'm working on a two day gig. One of my cos11d's was working at one location but at the nexted, I started getting pops and cut outs. It got worse. I took it apart and put it back together and now I'm getting nothing. The wire is maybe 2 years old and I take pretty good care of all my gear. Should production cover this or should I just eat it?

Thanks,

SW

Here's how I would handle it:

Did something happen on site that was negligence on someone else's part to damage the mic, or did it just stop working properly? If someone besides you broke it, production should cover it. If not, eat it. Look at it as an opportunity to get one of those super skinny DPAs…

That's my $.02, which may have a lower real world value.

Allen,

It was a reality gig and each talent took it upon themselves to pull their own wire. I always try to stop them, but they always want to "help out". Not sure if this is what caused it, but it worked and now it doesn't. The production asked "Did someone from **** (the production company) break it?" and that's when I knew that I was going to have to just eat it. $68 at Trew isn't too bad. If the new DPA's were out, I would definitely start making the switch over, but I've heard all the other models are a little fragile and if I'm breaking some Cos11's I've got to stick with something made for battle.

12 hours ago, mojofunkster said:

Allen,

It was a reality gig and each talent took it upon themselves to pull their own wire. I always try to stop them, but they always want to "help out". Not sure if this is what caused it, but it worked and now it doesn't. The production asked "Did someone from **** (the production company) break it?" and that's when I knew that I was going to have to just eat it. $68 at Trew isn't too bad. If the new DPA's were out, I would definitely start making the switch over, but I've heard all the other models are a little fragile and if I'm breaking some Cos11's I've got to stick with something made for battle.

They broke it, they should buy it. I know that may not happen but if talent is handling your gear and it gets broken then production should make you whole. Glad it wasn't too costly.

• 2 weeks later...