QRX100 4 channel receiver

glenn

i would check with zaxcom, but any emails i send them bounce back from their spam filter, and as glenn was initially answering some questions here, i thought a public answer would be useful as other people would like the answers as well.

but you are, as ever, correct about contacting the manufacturer directly.

thanks for the heads up on the right angle ta5s andy. hopefully they will become available this side of the pond when lectro comes back over here. and whilst i agree that $35.50 is steep, if its the only thing that does what i need, then i guess i shall have to suck it up.

Glenn Sanders, and quite a few others, will not be posting to this Group until I sort out the malware attack that is still affecting this site. I talked to Glenn this morning, he called about the warnings his browser was giving him, and he said he was going to wait.

I am working on the problem, much larger than originally known, and the site is going to be down all together for awhile.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Lectrosonics determined that the right angle TAn connectors were needed, and they came up with an excellent solution, but the quantities they are working with are nowhere near the huge worldwide numbers switchcraft deals with, so the parts costs to do the job right add up; Lectro is not out to make a killing, but they also are not in business to "lose money on every sale, but make up for it on the volume" !! it is a fair price and an excellent value; also they include inserts for 3 pin and 5 pin, and having the spares adds to the value for me, as I have some connectors with ruined inserts!

I have had problems with aggressive SPAM filters, too, and some that do not report to either the intended recipient or the sender!! This is probably not as good an idea for some businesses who need to provide sales and customer support.  Do they answer their phones??

I believe the answer to the Zaxcom question is available by reading the info on the web site; alas, there used to be someone on the forum who seemed to take great delight in looking up the answers and posting either the answer or the link, but that helpful person remains only luring these days...

We are currently working to combine our high quality codec with our timecode transmission and our remote control capability. We should have this available for use with the TRX992 in a few weeks.

The IFB receiver in the TRX900 will for now have to use our lower quality codec. It is still good for monitoring and communication.

Glenn

The IFB receiver in the TRX900 will for now have to use our lower quality codec. It is still good for monitoring and communication.

Glenn

This is very good news that the high quality IFB will be available without losing the TC and remote control features --- this was always a design goal from the very beginning; I realize that it has been difficult to achieve. I think the TRX900 (bodypack) transmitters will not suffer by continuing to only have lower quality IFB --- I don't think a lot of people will use the TRX900 in this manner, I don't know how many have used the AUDIO part of the receiving capability of the transmitter. When thinking about the Zaxcom wireless in general it is often easy to forget that every transmitter is actually a transeiver, and now the new receiver will be a transeiver also.