wiring a sanken cos 11 for the older lectrosonic UM 400

alidav

I 've read many discussions and manuals, when I asked my usual renting company service assistance they minimized the problem and told, yes the wiring is universal for older and newer lectrosonic. we do it, it's up to you if you want us to use the resistor inside or not. 

For older um400 is the fig 11 the correct one, and what is the issue if I am going to use it on some newer lectro?

For a COS11 on an original UM400 you want "universal" figure 5 with the resistor.  In fact the universal wiring should work for ANY Lectrosonics transmitter with a TA5F connector.

If you know you will only be using UM400a or newer, then you may choose to use the "servo bias" figure 11 without the resistor instead.  But figure 11 is not for the original UM400.

3 minutes ago, Matthew Steel said:

For a COS11 on an original UM400 you want "universal" figure 5 with the resistor.  In fact the universal wiring should work for ANY Lectrosonics transmitter with a TA5F connector.

with this, i can use that lav with any newer tx as sm etc?

11 minutes ago, alidav said:

with this, i can use that lav with any newer tx as sm etc?

Yes you can. The universal wiring even works on the old VHF 185 series transmitters. All TX units work with out the resistor. The connector wiring is very simple. You jump pins 2 & 4, the ground goes to pin 1 and the positive/audio to pin 3. Note that pin 5 is for line level signals only.

12 minutes ago, Eric Toline said:

Yes you can. The universal wiring even works on the old VHF 185 series transmitters. All TX units work with out the resistor. The connector wiring is very simple. You jump pins 2 & 4, the ground goes to pin 1 and the positive/audio to pin 3. Note that pin 5 is for line level signals only.

it is related the 2 wires( fig 2) Wiring_diagrams11fig-2017.jpg