New ProTools feature in Ultimate? Maybe part of Smart Tool?

jgbsound

Hey Everyone!

So I noticed recently that when in Smart Tool mode, some times the Grabber tool (which is normally a 5 fingers outstretched hand) switches to what looks like a angled cupped hand?  Does anyone know what this does AND ALSO how to turn it on/off? (mostly off).  I noticed that when I click with that tool mode it draws a yellow line down into the region.

I tried looking it up in the manual, and in online and can't seem to find anything related to it.

Thanks!

John

When in smart tool mode the orientation of the mouse pointer arrow on the physical wave form determines the smart tool. It’s split into sections. Top left is something. I forget. Top right is something else. Top middle is something. Bottom left, right, middle are something else. 

You gotta buy 4,000 page manual and get to ProTools Level 4 certification before they tell you what anything does. J/k. 

Ha!  Thanks Dalton.  Yeah, I know how the smart tool works.  I use Pro Tools every day at work. 

My question is specifically about the grabber tool switching to this little sideways cupped hand.  I wanted to know how to toggle it off, and also what it's for.  I think this might be a new addition to the tool set because I don't remember seeing it before (I've been using PT since v7).

• 2 weeks later...