Red Gemini Time Code Input

Mick

On 10/18/2018 at 9:03 AM, Mick said:

Can I jam a Red Gemini from a TR-2 slate and what is the time code input jack on this camera so I can get the appropriate cable?

Thanks

Mick

I don't know of any camera op who'd like to have a slate attached to their camera permanently! 

Get yourself a Timecode Systems Ultrasync ONE instead. 

On 10/19/2018 at 8:45 PM, IronFilm said:

I don't know of any camera op who'd like to have a slate attached to their camera permanently! 

Get yourself a Timecode Systems Ultrasync ONE instead. 

I think he wants to jam, not continuously feed.

On 10/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, Mick said:

Can I jam a Red Gemini from a TR-2 slate and what is the time code input jack on this camera so I can get the appropriate cable?

Thanks

Mick

The TC input depends on what module is installed on the camera. The most common you'll encounter is the "base expander" which uses the miniature 4pin Lemo for timecode.

1 hour ago, Apcki said:

Red gemini has a bnc tc input. 

That is a false statement. Maybe with a Wooden Camera box, it could have a BNC TC input.

A quick glance at the manual reveals that RED also has a variety of modules of their own available:

"NOTE: Inputting timecode requires a DSMC2 Base Expander, DSMC2 V-Lock I/O Expander, DSMC2 Jetpack Expander, DSMC2 Jetpack-SDI Expander, or DSMC2 REDVOLT Expander. For more information, go to "Input/Output Connectors" on page 206."

---

EDIT: In addition, I would personally never jam any RED camera, walk away and expect it to hold timecode any better than a wet paper bag. Lock Box needs to ride on camera all day.

• 4 weeks later...