Thoughts on lectro upgrade?

jwill

I have been noticing that block 19 is increasingly short on clear scans in the NYC area  (I have 3 411s in this block) and have been thinking either Lectro wideband a-1 or the 941 SRC block  reblock 2 smqvs to 941 (if possible) may be a viable upgrade? Any thoughts from the collective brain trust?

4 hours ago, drpro said:

The next frequency sell off is still a few years away, so the A1 will probably safe, so will the 941.

After what I went through this go round, it better be a long way off... I'm not doing that again... Hopefully I will be done by then..  Cost me thousands..

I'm still pissed off about it...  

3 hours ago, jwill said:

I reached out to the Lectrosonics folks and was told It is illegal for lectro to reblock to 941 even if you are a  Part 74  license holder!

He went on to say I should contact sales to see if they can sell block 941 to me?

Hi John,

Normally, re-blocking is done on units already certified for operation in the new frequencies and consists of changing out some select parts. That is not the case in going from block 19 to 941.The pc boards in your unit were never certified to operate in 941 and it would be a new engineering project to make them run in 941 plus recertification (We are talking 50K here). So it would be necessary to replace the boards in your unit. The new boards might not fit your case (I don't know) and the case would need to be remarked with the new frequencies and FCC ID number. A new case would probably be cheaper. New boards and new case adds up to a brand new unit. It will absolutely be more cost effective for you to sell your block 19's and then purchase 941's.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher