Recommendations for versatile PA speakers

Simon Barz

A pair of QSC K12 (or the newer K12.2) tops would be a good start. But they have some other models like their KW153 that also might be a good fit. I think 2 x K12.2 with a mixer would suffice for presentations, but you could always add more speakers and subs to suit your needs. And they’re very reliable, durable, and sound great.

Simon depends on your budget. I like qsc 10.2s and if you are doing music you can always pair them with a sub. If you have the budget I like Meyer. They recently released up4 slim speaker it looks really sleek with small subs. Column arrays seem to be popular these days for quick setup, rcf makes some that are more affordable. I personally haven’t used rcf, only seen and heard them at trade shows. Again, for day to day quick setup QSCs are really affordable and a quick return on your investment. Consider that each model has a different dispersion 10s are wider than 12s, when you decide to purchase . Meyer in my opinion are the best money can buy but they aren’t cheap. What console are you using for the work?

The QSCs blow the JBLs outta the water.  Had both and there was no comparison.  I had the 12s which were a bit big for what I was looking for, more kinda talk-back or playback on the floor.  Not PA per se but the 12s would do you fine for, maybe, 300 people, and they sound great.  If I replace them, I'd go with the 8s.

D.

I had some Anchor speakers that are rugged, sounded good. The Liberty Air had an internal battery. The AC powered AN130 was small but put out about 100dB SPL I sometimes borrow a couple of 15" full range JBL EON speakers from a band I work with. I prefer their 515XT to the 600 series, the 600s's digital control module in one of them locked up, so I could change the mode from 'monitor' to 'main'. The 515XTs sound better anyway IMO.