200Ω

Low Cut Frequency

75HZ, 150HZ

Sensitivity

-50dB ~ -28dB re 1V/Pa @1KHZ

Battery Capacity

320mAh

Signal to Noise Ratio

86dB SPL (@1KHZ,rel 1Pa per IEC651)( Sensitivity = -23dB)

Dimensions

φ21 x 188mm

Battery Time

Lithium Battery 1.During Standby:>74h 2:While In Use:>51h

Weight

143g

Output Port

Smart 3.5mm TRRS

Housing Material Aluminum Metal

14 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Is this relevant to our job? 

Really depends I suppose. Because of its compact size the D3 works great in car setups. We used it in a tutorial video 2 weeks ago for a car rig and it sounded better than the lavs. Anything can be relevant to our work, it just depends on the setup.

55 minutes ago, Dalton Patterson said:

Is this JWSound’s new advertising?

Well this is the first time its ever been posted, and this is the equipment section for these types of announcements.

21 hours ago, Andrew Jones said:

Yes. The D3 Pro can be powered on during charging. So you could run a USB cable off a cameras power distro into this microphone so you never even worry about power.

I actually meant if they can be powered by some sort of phantom power or supply voltage... Thank you for the information!

2 hours ago, Jakobk said:

So that means they run off 3V "plug on power" without batteries? They still need to be charged, right?

I believe so yes. @Andrew Jones can you confirm that? Charging via phantom/3v bias would be about impossible I think, since the typical power provided from phantom/bias is way too low for both powering and charging.

2 hours ago, daniel said:

Locking mini jacks would have been 'smart' (in an old skool type of way).

My guess; since these mics use TTRS and there are no off the shelve locking TTRS PCB sockets/connectors (so deity should design and make their own) it would really mark-up the retail price for these. I remember talking with Tentacle Sync about that, they also use TTRS because of the two way/multi functional nature of the port. They ran into the same problem and the cost of making your own socket/connector would be as much as the whole unit, thus doubling the price...

1 hour ago, Vincent R. said:

I believe so yes. @Andrew Jones can you confirm that? Charging via phantom/3v bias would be about impossible I think, since the typical power provided from phantom/bias is way too low for both powering and charging.

My guess; since these mics use TTRS and there are no off the shelve locking TTRS PCB sockets/connectors (so deity should design and make their own) it would really mark-up the retail price for these. I remember talking with Tentacle Sync about that, they also use TTRS because of the two way/multi functional nature of the port. They ran into the same problem and the cost of making your own socket/connector would be as much as the whole unit, thus doubling the price...

Maybe they can do a tentacle style clip to keep mini jack in place on the mic and offer a cable terminated with the XLR (and circuit). With the cables supplied would either of these plug into (and work) with Deity 'Connect'? 

On 11/8/2018 at 12:28 AM, daniel said:

Locking mini jacks would have been 'smart' (in an old skool type of way).

So no one makes a locking TRRS jack/plug. Thats not a thing. Instead we did a right angle plug so direct tugging on the cable is 90 degrees to the port so it doesn't slide out of the jack.  And when using it on a boom pole, the Rycote shock mount we include has a cable holder to keep your cable locked into place.

On 11/8/2018 at 4:47 AM, daniel said:

Maybe they can do a tentacle style clip to keep mini jack in place on the mic and offer a cable terminated with the XLR (and circuit). With the cables supplied would either of these plug into (and work) with Deity 'Connect'? 

We did make a XLR terminated adapter that also can work with some of our other products. Its called the D-XLR and its included with the D3 Pro Location Kit for when your working with either XLR cameras or want to use the mic with a XLR TX. As for Deity Connect, the stock TRRS cable is 100% compatible with our new upcoming wireless system and the RF shielding in the D3 Pro is able to handle the 100mw signal from the TX in close proximity. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Jones said:

So no one makes a locking TRRS jack/plug. Thats not a thing. Instead we did a right angle plug so direct tugging on the cable is 90 degrees to the port so it doesn't slide out of the jack.  And when using it on a boom pole, the Rycote shock mount we include has a cable holder to keep your cable locked into place.

We did make a XLR terminated adapter that also can work with some of our other products. Its called the D-XLR and its included with the D3 Pro Location Kit for when your working with either XLR cameras or want to use the mic with a XLR TX. As for Deity Connect, the stock TRRS cable is 100% compatible with our new upcoming wireless system and the RF shielding in the D3 Pro is able to handle the 100mw signal from the TX in close proximity. 

thanks

On 11/5/2018 at 2:10 PM, Andrew Jones said:

Well this is the first time its ever been posted, and this is the equipment section for these types of announcements.

As others have mentioned, these sorts of posts from equipment companies usually end up in the Manufacturers & Dealers section, "a place for equipment manufacturers, sales and rental dealers serving our industry."

https://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/forum/24-manufacturers-dealers/

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, leon2000 said:

Hello, im trying to use my new Deity D3 Pro with PC, but the mic does not show up in devices in the windows settings. The light on the mic is green indicating its ready? But like I said mic is not in the available devices tab.

It is not a device; you should be able to select "mic input" or something in the audio tab/driver/realtek/whatever it is called on your PC. On every windows machine it is a bit different.

Btw; you did plug it in the TRRS input of your computer right? It is not an USB mic.