sound blankets berlin

trombles

You mean something like this? Not quilted and quite pricy, but available for pick up at the Berlin Moritzplatz store.

https://www.justmusic.de/de-de/recording/zubehoer-fuer-studio/akustik-elemente/9163880/akustikvorhang-iso-schwarz.html

Other addresses you could give a call (not sure if they have acoustic elements):

Gruppe 3 Berlin

+49 30 3980089 - 0

berlin@gruppe3.de

KMR Audio Berlin

+49 30 55230658

sales@kmraudio.de

Digital AudionetworX

+49 30 44328539

info@da-x.de

Sound blankets are basically thick moving and storage blanket pads. 

I would question any company that says it is making specifically sound isolating pads that look identical to a furniture moving pad in my storage unit.

blanket.jpg

$143 EURO from noyz boyz 

Maybe this blanket is a larger size?

VS.

2345-moving-blanket-supreme-mover-cotton-blanket-sold-ind_1_640.jpg

$20.49 US from USCargoControl

But you could buy 10 of these for that price. 

I'm just sayin...

$as

If you call a moving and storage company they will probably be glad to sell you some used or extra blankets they have stacked to the ceiling. 

27 minutes ago, trombles said:

danke schöen, y'all.  short notice hotel room vo, closest i can find in town is the chintzy moving pads from the storage places.  thanks for the top secret tip, matthias, diese umzugsdecke sind perfekt!

Been there done that; Asked the hotel staff for a million bath towels and covered the whole bathroom with that 😀

17 hours ago, Dalton Patterson said:

Sound blankets are basically thick moving and storage blanket pads. 

I would question any company that says it is making specifically sound isolating pads that look identical to a furniture moving pad in my storage unit.

blanket.jpg

$143 EURO from noyz boyz 

Maybe this blanket is a larger size?

VS.

2345-moving-blanket-supreme-mover-cotton-blanket-sold-ind_1_640.jpg

$20.49 US from USCargoControl

But you could buy 10 of these for that price. 

I'm just sayin...

$as

If you call a moving and storage company they will probably be glad to sell you some used or extra blankets they have stacked to the ceiling. 

Plus shipping you‘ll have to quadruple that price at least, these things are heavy. Also, I can’t tell from your pictures if they are the same thickness. 

Back when I was looking for mine, I had not been able to source these blankets somewhere nearby. Those blankets Matthias linked to are all black, but having the white alternative is worth a lot. 

6 hours ago, ronmac said:

Princess Auto (Toronto) have several style shipping blankets at a reasonable price, often on sale at a reduced price.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/72-x-80-in-mover-s-blanket/A-p8229031e

No international shipping 

2 hours ago, tourtelot said:

Maybe not Antarctica.

Although here the white side could be useful 

On 8 November 2018 at 10:51 AM, Constantin said:

... but having the white alternative is worth a lot. 

How about a handful of (very lightweight) cotton sheets in white and grey (or light green or whatever) to stick over the cheap black blankets when required? Obviously an extra step to setting up but not a major one?

J

2 hours ago, The Immoral Mr Teas said:

How about a handful of (very lightweight) cotton sheets in white and grey (or light green or whatever) to stick over the cheap black blankets when required? Obviously an extra step to setting up but not a major one?

J

That might be possible, but in those situations where I‘m setting up the blankets at the last moment (which sometimes happens) every step would be a major step. 

I rarely have a chance to use more than two of these blankets.  So if you only had two that would cover a lot of situations and the high price of buying them (e.g.) at NoyzBoyz is less relevant. It’s not like you need to replace them once a year

On 11/7/2018 at 7:35 PM, Matthias Richter said:

👍🏼

I just ordered a few blankets at this shop. I asked if they could provide black and white blankets and Mr. Maafi of C&M Umzugslogistik promised to import a batch of b/w blankets. In about three months time they will be available!

So, tell everyone! 

😃

• 4 weeks later...
On 9 November 2018 at 1:20 PM, Constantin said:

Yes, but he was specifically enquiring about Sound blankets in Berlin

I introduced sound blankets to the UK in 1991 and since then have sold over 3,000 all over Europe including Berlin and  Zurich.)

The Chinese manufacturers are a fickle lot and have dropped the black ones in favour of the original blue ones which are well known in the US and Canada as they claim that they sell more blue than they ever did with the black ones. (They even had a spate of only supplying green.)

I stock the blue ones and will gladly get a shipping cost to Berlin if I can get the quantity required.