Lectro SMV "L"

thenannymoh

14 minutes ago, thenannymoh said:

I must be missing the obvious - I'm looking at the SMV "L" transmitter, and for the life of me I can't find in any of the manuals what the L represents, or how it differs from a non-L.  Any insights?  Thanks!

I think it's low power for theater applications where the theaters are back to back.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

On 11/7/2018 at 8:33 AM, thenannymoh said:

I must be missing the obvious - I'm looking at the SMV "L" transmitter, and for the life of me I can't find in any of the manuals what the L represents, or how it differs from a non-L.  Any insights?  Thanks!

Hi All,

Sorry, but I handed out some bad info. L refers to a range of blocks and was forced on us by the FCC. Each range is considered a different transmitter and requires certification as a different unit. This triples the cost of certification and testing compared to previous times. The government bureaucracy continues to grow year after year. Enough ranting. Here's what Karl had to say:

<<Hi Larry,

That refers to the frequency range, in 3-block groups, something to do with the FCC cert.

EL is "extra low" blocks 470, 19, 20

L is "low" blocks 21, 22, 23

M is "mid" blocks 24, 25, 26

-Karl>>

In self defense, I wasn't sure so I asked. There are no dumb questions though some do push it. Also, we did  have custom units with dialed down power.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher 

On 11/9/2018 at 9:30 AM, LarryF said:

Sorry, but I handed out some bad info. L refers to a range of blocks and was forced on us by the FCC. Each range is considered a different transmitter and requires certification as a different unit. This triples the cost of certification and testing compared to previous times. The government bureaucracy continues to grow year after year.

Wow, it seems like there is no limit to government bureaucracy insanity. Sorry to hear about your troubles.