Remote Audio Rainman and... your cat?

thenannymoh

Ok this one is bizarre...

Are there any other cat owners who own a Rainman blimp cover?  My cat has been obsessed with licking it, and it is the only material he does that with (I think there may be a charcoal/carbon component to it).  I know cats are inherently weird, but he has some other medical issues and I'm trying to figure out if this is inherently problematic or symptomatic.

Anyone else seen this, or moonlight as a vet 😊

Thanks! 

Many of my cats* have loved licking supermarket plastic bags. Other plastic bags? "Meh" (or "meowh"). Turns out to be the thin coating of oil added at the factory so the bags would separate easily... apparently, it's got some marine components. 

Could a similar oil have been used to waterproof the Rainman?

(* - Disclaimer: no more than two cats resident at any one time. But I've seen this over multiple kitty populations.)

On 11/9/2018 at 6:25 PM, Jay Rose said:

Many of my cats* have loved licking supermarket plastic bags. Other plastic bags? "Meh" (or "meowh"). Turns out to be the thin coating of oil added at the factory so the bags would separate easily... apparently, it's got some marine components.

Could also be gelatin in the plastic, apparently that's what's going on with some bags. Our other cat chews on certain types of bags, but not all of them, and she's quite healthy for her age.

Cats sometimes do terribly bizarre things, until you figure out why. I recently learned that cats are afraid of cucumbers. If you don’t know about this, search YouTube. I almost died laughing. Until I learned why they behave this way, I was just blown away at their crazy reactions!