Sign in to follow this  
newzhack

Sennheiser Scam

Did anyone apply for the Sennheiser rebate scam. 

I got stiffed by Panasonic years ago for 500 dollars and now Sennheiser for 600. I cut out and sent the label from the 6042 I paid 3800 dollars for in good faith that I would be receiving a 600 dollar rebate for the two channels I purchased. I first got a letter saying there something wrong with the serial number on my receiver. I called the number and told the person that tried to dismiss my rebate that I would raise hell with Sennheiser if that check did not arrive. He assured me that it would be sent. I never received a check and will start to raise a stink over this scam. 

Any suggestions about how to proceed. I guess I could file a small claims court case and force them to appear in rural Oklahoma, that would serve them right. I wonder if I can return it for a full refund and buy a more reasonably priced receiver. 

I carefully followed all the instructions for the rebate, whats up Sennheiser. 

Take a deep breath I know you're pissed but... Have you followed up again perhaps they're just backlogged?  One department may not speak to another. Do you have copies of serial number and rebate form?

After my fiasco with Panasonic, I copied all of the material and sent the original to them as they requested. Sorry if I sound pissed, it's been a hard week. I just want them to follow thru. 

It seems they contracted with some outfit in Arizona that probably specializes is not paying. 

I guess I need to put pressure on the company now. 

regards

I saw similar non-existent rebates from LG appliances, possibly being done by the same service company. They claimed the s/n  was no good, then that the check was in the mail, then nothing...

I copied and documented everything (including recording calls, which can be legal around here)... and also kept my appliance dealer in the loop. They've since stopped telling customers about the rebates.

I don't believe the primary blame is with Sennheiser, Panasonic, or LG, which are all reputable companies... more likely with the US distributors who set this up, but didn't do enough checking into the company servicing them.

What a complete drag. It's not like they sell all than many of those systems (at least compared to G3/G4 systems...or consumer headphones).

Maybe start a new (or continue your old) incident ticket/claim?

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/contact-center

And perhaps your dealer can reach out to Sennheiser to figure out what's going on. 

I'd say even Sennheiser sub'd out the work, it's their responsibility to make this right. The old, "not you fault, but still your responsibility" thing we teach our kids.

Good luck!