Np50 chargers

osa

33 minutes ago, MartinTheMixer said:

Osa, I just have a pile of the np50 wal wart style chargers. Probably not the answer your looking for though. What about the guy on here that I think made his own?

Thanks, Martin

Martin you bring up a good point do you use those because you choose to over cheaper dual bay options? For instance i feel the single wall wart model that comes with lectro ssm looks more reobust and reliable. Qiality product, Less likely to damage batts etc

1 minute ago, osa said:

Martin you bring up a good point do you use those because you choose to over cheaper dual bay options? For instance i feel the single wall wart model that comes with lectro ssm looks more reobust and reliable. Qiality product, Less likely to damage batts etc

I have used the cheapy Nixxell chargers for about a year. No complaints. I think they are about 10 bucks. Also, to get ahead of charging, they will charge off my cig lighters. 

Thanks, Martin 

I have that charger WrineX introduced in that thread and so far I have to say it works really very well. And it reduced the clutter in my charging drawer considerably. I had ten individual chargers, now I have just the one. It also has a much better grip on the battery. The way you slot the battery in is far more robust than on the other chargers where the batteries sit in upright. I had a look at at the Sound Guys Solution charger and to be honest I find it looks pretty cheaply made. It looks like they put together just a few dual-slot chargers into one larger unit. That may be unfair as I‘ve only seen it online. 

Anyway, I can thoroughly recommend Joppes charger

1 hour ago, pindrop said:

I've got a Sound Guys Solution two slot NP50 DUAL, and it's very light and compact and fed by Micro-USB B, works very well, and is relatively inexpensive, in fact you could get seven of them for the price of an NP50 QUAD!!!

Great input - do these have different color charge status indicators? The ones i use currently power off of usb from my titanium aa chargers. Out of 4 of them 2x had the left side fail. The amazon ones are crap unfortunately 

Green on and charged, orange when charging.

26 minutes ago, osa said:

Great input - do these have different color charge status indicators? The ones i use currently power off of usb from my titanium aa chargers. Out of 4 of them 2x had the left side fail. The amazon ones are crap unfortunately 

Green on and charged, orange when charging.

12 hours ago, Constantin said:

I have that charger WrineX introduced in that thread and so far I have to say it works really very well. And it reduced the clutter in my charging drawer considerably. I had ten individual chargers, now I have just the one. It also has a much better grip on the battery. The way you slot the battery in is far more robust than on the other chargers where the batteries sit in upright. I had a look at at the Sound Guys Solution charger and to be honest I find it looks pretty cheaply made. It looks like they put together just a few dual-slot chargers into one larger unit. That may be unfair as I‘ve only seen it online. 

Anyway, I can thoroughly recommend Joppes charger

Joppe's charger is brilliant - I love it. It is the best I have seen so far. Simon B

23 hours ago, Constantin said:

This is a generic charger found on Amazon: 

56522988-409B-4B6D-9D3A-177A1C8F3EA0.jpeg

And this is the one from Sound Guys. Maybe not identical, but both look very cheap

0A57000F-792B-4609-A5FC-19E38C0204F1.jpeg

And IME the Amazon one doesn’t always reliably charge the battery. Sometimes it shows full when it isn’t 

i am interested to know if these are just cheapies with their name stamped on them or if the insides are quality electronics. i dont see any technical specs online listed at least where i had looked. the SGS version's price is a little too close to the cheap ones i already have that have failed left and right. 

4 hours ago, osa said:

i am interested to know if these are just cheapies with their name stamped on them or if the insides are quality electronics. i dont see any technical specs online listed at least where i had looked. the SGS version's price is a little too close to the cheap ones i already have that have failed left and right. 

Had one battery cause my wall charger to blink .  The wall charger could never charge this one np-50.  It would always be at 1/3rd charged .   

Used my SGS dual charger and it seemed to reboot the battery and now it charges fine on both chargers .

other side of that , NP-50 technology seems on the lightweight end and when charging my batteries I swap between both chargers to verify charging status . The extra 10 minutes is worth the peace of mind the next day . Sometimes I know a battery is low , and the SGS charger isn’t charging it , but charging the other one .  

3 hours ago, Stillweii said:

Had one battery cause my wall charger to blink .  The wall charger could never charge this one np-50.  It would always be at 1/3rd charged .   

Used my SGS dual charger and it seemed to reboot the battery and now it charges fine on both chargers .

other side of that , NP-50 technology seems on the lightweight end and when charging my batteries I swap between both chargers to verify charging status . The extra 10 minutes is worth the peace of mind the next day . Sometimes I know a battery is low , and the SGS charger isn’t charging it , but charging the other one .  

i think multiple brands of chargers is the first order. just today the right side of one of my newer amazon chargers was blinking red to green depending on pressure of the battery in the slot. this is different than the left side complete failures in recent months. the lectro single charger confirmed the battery needed full charge and did the job. i might have to take this thread to "do it yourself" to explore building my own reliable multibank charger that i feel i can rely on

15 hours ago, MartinTheMixer said:

I

Hi, that can't be the right charger for np-50's.

Thanks, Martin

I think we went off the rails on multibank chargers yes this is for np1 lithiums not our np50's BUT this got m3 thinking i want to explore what makes these older 4 bank 4 at a time np1 lith chargers tick

• 5 months later...
On 11/12/2018 at 1:06 PM, osa said:

Do you have a link to that generic charger on Amazon? Can't seem to find it myself.

1 hour ago, John Blankenship said:

There's also the fact that a dependable company is standing behind it.  If you want to know what that's worth, try to get a generic company on the phone sometime! 

+1

One of my SGS NP-50 chargers stopped working last week. I shot them an email at about 11pm after I got back from set, and had a reply in my inbox by 1:30 am (!) saying that a new charger would be on its way to me ASAP. 

That alone makes the SGS chargers worth it over the generic IMO. 

-Mike