Jump to content
osa

Np50 chargers

Recommended Posts

Now that zmt's and ssm's are a plenty what are people using for multibay chargers these days? Mine are Amazon purchases that are less and less reliable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osa, I just have a pile of the np50 wal wart style chargers. Probably not the answer your looking for though. What about the guy on here that I think made his own?

Thanks, Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MartinTheMixer said:

Osa, I just have a pile of the np50 wal wart style chargers. Probably not the answer your looking for though. What about the guy on here that I think made his own?

Thanks, Martin

Martin you bring up a good point do you use those because you choose to over cheaper dual bay options? For instance i feel the single wall wart model that comes with lectro ssm looks more reobust and reliable. Qiality product, Less likely to damage batts etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, osa said:

Martin you bring up a good point do you use those because you choose to over cheaper dual bay options? For instance i feel the single wall wart model that comes with lectro ssm looks more reobust and reliable. Qiality product, Less likely to damage batts etc

I have used the cheapy Nixxell chargers for about a year. No complaints. I think they are about 10 bucks. Also, to get ahead of charging, they will charge off my cig lighters. 

Thanks, Martin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have that charger WrineX introduced in that thread and so far I have to say it works really very well. And it reduced the clutter in my charging drawer considerably. I had ten individual chargers, now I have just the one. It also has a much better grip on the battery. The way you slot the battery in is far more robust than on the other chargers where the batteries sit in upright. I had a look at at the Sound Guys Solution charger and to be honest I find it looks pretty cheaply made. It looks like they put together just a few dual-slot chargers into one larger unit. That may be unfair as I‘ve only seen it online. 

Anyway, I can thoroughly recommend Joppes charger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a Sound Guys Solution two slot NP50 DUAL, and it's very light and compact and fed by Micro-USB B, works very well, and is relatively inexpensive, in fact you could get seven of them for the price of an NP50 QUAD!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pindrop said:

I've got a Sound Guys Solution two slot NP50 DUAL, and it's very light and compact and fed by Micro-USB B, works very well, and is relatively inexpensive, in fact you could get seven of them for the price of an NP50 QUAD!!!

Great input - do these have different color charge status indicators? The ones i use currently power off of usb from my titanium aa chargers. Out of 4 of them 2x had the left side fail. The amazon ones are crap unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green on and charged, orange when charging.

26 minutes ago, osa said:

Great input - do these have different color charge status indicators? The ones i use currently power off of usb from my titanium aa chargers. Out of 4 of them 2x had the left side fail. The amazon ones are crap unfortunately 

 

Green on and charged, orange when charging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a generic charger found on Amazon: 

 

56522988-409B-4B6D-9D3A-177A1C8F3EA0.jpeg

 

And this is the one from Sound Guys. Maybe not identical, but both look very cheap

 

0A57000F-792B-4609-A5FC-19E38C0204F1.jpeg

 

And IME the Amazon one doesn’t always reliably charge the battery. Sometimes it shows full when it isn’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Constantin said:

I have that charger WrineX introduced in that thread and so far I have to say it works really very well. And it reduced the clutter in my charging drawer considerably. I had ten individual chargers, now I have just the one. It also has a much better grip on the battery. The way you slot the battery in is far more robust than on the other chargers where the batteries sit in upright. I had a look at at the Sound Guys Solution charger and to be honest I find it looks pretty cheaply made. It looks like they put together just a few dual-slot chargers into one larger unit. That may be unfair as I‘ve only seen it online. 

Anyway, I can thoroughly recommend Joppes charger

 

Joppe's charger is brilliant - I love it. It is the best I have seen so far. Simon B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Constantin said:

This is a generic charger found on Amazon: 

 

56522988-409B-4B6D-9D3A-177A1C8F3EA0.jpeg

 

And this is the one from Sound Guys. Maybe not identical, but both look very cheap

 

0A57000F-792B-4609-A5FC-19E38C0204F1.jpeg

 

And IME the Amazon one doesn’t always reliably charge the battery. Sometimes it shows full when it isn’t 

 

i am interested to know if these are just cheapies with their name stamped on them or if the insides are quality electronics. i dont see any technical specs online listed at least where i had looked. the SGS version's price is a little too close to the cheap ones i already have that have failed left and right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, osa said:

 

i am interested to know if these are just cheapies with their name stamped on them or if the insides are quality electronics. i dont see any technical specs online listed at least where i had looked. the SGS version's price is a little too close to the cheap ones i already have that have failed left and right. 

 

Had one battery cause my wall charger to blink .  The wall charger could never charge this one np-50.  It would always be at 1/3rd charged .   

 

Used my SGS dual charger and it seemed to reboot the battery and now it charges fine on both chargers .

 

other side of that , NP-50 technology seems on the lightweight end and when charging my batteries I swap between both chargers to verify charging status . The extra 10 minutes is worth the peace of mind the next day . Sometimes I know a battery is low , and the SGS charger isn’t charging it , but charging the other one .  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stillweii said:

 

Had one battery cause my wall charger to blink .  The wall charger could never charge this one np-50.  It would always be at 1/3rd charged .   

 

Used my SGS dual charger and it seemed to reboot the battery and now it charges fine on both chargers .

 

other side of that , NP-50 technology seems on the lightweight end and when charging my batteries I swap between both chargers to verify charging status . The extra 10 minutes is worth the peace of mind the next day . Sometimes I know a battery is low , and the SGS charger isn’t charging it , but charging the other one .  

 

 

i think multiple brands of chargers is the first order. just today the right side of one of my newer amazon chargers was blinking red to green depending on pressure of the battery in the slot. this is different than the left side complete failures in recent months. the lectro single charger confirmed the battery needed full charge and did the job. i might have to take this thread to "do it yourself" to explore building my own reliable multibank charger that i feel i can rely on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, MartinTheMixer said:

I

Hi, that can't be the right charger for np-50's.

 

Thanks, Martin

I think we went off the rails on multibank chargers yes this is for np1 lithiums not our np50's BUT this got m3 thinking i want to explore what makes these older 4 bank 4 at a time np1 lith chargers tick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×