Marantz Carbon Fiber Boompole?

codyman

I'm in the market for a new boom pole and it seems Marantz is making carbon fiber boom poles now?  Is this some sort of badge engineering going on for a different company or is it legit?  The price is definitely very cheap for what it is which makes me very suspicious...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1383314-REG/marantz_professional_cf11c_carbon_fiber_boompole.html#sp

Your sig says you are in LA.  Lots, like unbelievable amounts, of used gear is available in LA--watch for something that will work for you that's by a maker that has parts and service avail at the consignment depts of Trew and LSC etc etc or here or in the Recycler etc.   Remember that as a location soundie the mic pole is the thing that you and/or your boomist will actually have in your hands a lot of the time; it and the mic you put on it are really your "axe".  Get the best you can and take care of it.

KTEK, AMBIENT, LOON or a broom stick. 

Broom from Amazon for same price with 2 spares. 

61AcBwyucrL._SL1000_.jpg

8 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

unbelievable amounts, of used gear is available in LA--watch for something that will work for you that's by a maker that has parts and service avail at the consignment depts of Trew and LSC

+1

13 hours ago, codyman said:

I'm in the market for a new boom pole and it seems Marantz is making carbon fiber boom poles now?  Is this some sort of badge engineering going on for a different company or is it legit? 

My wild guess is it might be a copy of the Rode boom pole design? Maybe. Or at least taken some inspiration from it. 

Marantz does seem to be lately pushing themselves more into providing lower budget options for location sound recordists, what with their blimp / pole / wireless / field recorder. 

On 11/14/2018 at 6:10 AM, jpb2 said:

For those of you that are old enough to remember staring at this for hours on end. My favorite screen saver... 1970's Marantz meter.

Marantz Meter 2.jpg

I hear ya on the Marantz 1970s quality.  My 2230 keeps on trucking and sounds great!

I ended up getting a K-Tek Klassic.  Buy once, cry once..

IMG_20161014_201432.jpg