2018 New Lav mounting tools

seth

Looking to update my usual R11 or vampire clips for my cos11 and I see a lot of new tools out there. I don't see any youtube reviews and would be grateful on any write ups. 

Thanks

Shirt holder

Tie Holder 

Hideamic 

Blfex silicone 

Lav concealer 

Button Down

I find regardless of what new lav mounting toy you use it still comes down to good placement, whether youre using a mount or a piece of moleskin...

Im a fan of the hide a mic bra holder for documentary work, where subjects arent used to micing themselves. The bra holder simplifies the process for sure.

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, dgirtsman said:

I've had pretty good luck with the Ursa mini mounts. Has anyone tried the Bubblebee lav concealer or the Hide-A-Mic B Flex yet? I'm interested in hearing some reviews on those.

I will start a project, March 2019.

We will use Sanken COS11 with Bubblebee Lav Concealer.

As far with minimum tests we did, looks like a pretty good solution for Sanken COS11 users.

Pros: Metal clip, tape is really strong and size.

Cons: Their specific tape with rounded corners; but you can cut your own tape without that bend shape, if your run out of stock.

5 of 5 stars

• 3 years later...

Is there some secret technique that I missed to put an Ursa Mini Mount for MKE1 on an MKE1? I've managed to do it once and was very worried to break the cable. I was also worried, when I'd needed to take it out again, though that was a bit easier.

The cable of the MKE1 is exceptionally thin, as is the cable "clamp" where the cable needs to go through.