weak RF on 100 G2 sennheiser receiver

alidav

I have replaced the antenna on the receiver with a sma connector, and tested it with the new antenna, 

i switched on a tx and moved quite far, with 2 receivers on, the new modified and one standard, this one had a stronger rf, 

I did replace the standard antenna and nothing changed,  the rf was still weaker.

so I supposed that the problem could exist already before having fiddled with antennas, my suspicion was about having done

what is your idea?

5 hours ago, Frido Beck said:

Well I don't know what your soldering skills are but once upon a time (5 months ago) I thought I could do the sma mod myself on an SK100 tx and destroyed a small component with my soldering iron next to the antenna connection and after that I barely had 3 centimeters of range 😪 lesson learned

Frido, It could have been worse, if you did that in the U.S., you would only get about an inch and a quarter. 

Martin

23 hours ago, Nate C said:

Also make sure the wire connected to the pin isn't touching the outer pert of the SMA connector in any way. This will significantly reduce the range. I learnt this the hard way by using a wire with shielding to thick to fit properly into the SMA.

this is hard to accomplish especially with budget Chinese connectors, ill buy more expensive one with an ipx cable already wired on

the distances involved here are around 15 meters with some wall in between, I've already done some other sma replacement and it works good, much stronger than this one. as I've said I have replaced again the stock antenna and nothing changed. I can use this receiver anyway, avoiding to use where have long distances involved, but id like to have all my gear at 100%.(also the spares)

17 hours ago, mark kirchner said:

You can see that soldering on the circuit board one needs to be very precise. This is a G3 I did a few years ago.

is it an ipx cable? already wired to the sma?

• 4 months later...