Remin Kartmaster

osa

if anyone here owns one - can you confirm for me if the kart has to be fully extended to long bed position in order to get the handle up for flatbed 4x wheel pushing or can it be unfolded and compressed to a 4x wheeled short bed as an option with handle up? forgive me i can only seem to find images and video demonstrating it in fully extended flat bed position with the handle up. but it looks like it could be half sized as well, similar to rock n roller carts? hope this makes sense. i know camera guys who own these bit they always have them fully extended so i never got a chance to put this query to the test.

...dangit i just came across an owner review that there is no "stop" at half position which is a bummer if true. maybe someone here can indeed confirm and/or has a solution since we all seem to like to work compact?

i love the accessories in this link wow is this crafty. leads me to belive if there is so short bed "stop" i might be able to figure out how to modify

-Ken

2 minutes ago, Derek H said:

You can use it as a half flat bed. You can also keep the fork folded in if you want. The shelf attachment, however, does not work halfway. Has to be fully extended to use the shelf which is too bad. 

great info. it makes sense the shelf is for fully extended. i have some of my own custom shelving in mind with the compressed form of this cart but shelving not a necesity. i also like the idea of the fork flat, handle up and half flat bed which i had not thought of. about to purchase one soon and just want to make absolutely sure i understand correctly - this image below, the handle can swing around and the cart lays on all 4 wheels, locked in half position (i.e. you have to push button to unlock and extend for full flat bed), and the fork can be unlocked and flipped up or left flat as well? i am trying to make absolutely shure the kart wont try to extend while pushing with gear or pulling up small inclines etc. wish i knew someone local to inspect in person. i really appreciate the input

also, wheels are solid non-pneumatic polyurethane?

if anyone owning one may have time to snap a down n dirty photo in this half flat position at their convenience i would be forever in debt

5389063.jpg

It will lock in the half position (designed this way so that it stays collapsed). And yes you can have the handle bar vertical and still lock it in the half position. 

They have solid rubber wheels or pneumatic available. The 5” solid poly swivel casters are the biggest downfall of this otherwise great cart and make it not a good cart for rough terrain. For interiors or smooth roads it’s ok. Even moderately bumpy sidewalk causes lots of bumps and rattles. 

If if you could put 8” pneumatic swivel casters on it it would be a big improvement. 

I used this cart in the exact configuration you’re asking about as the wheel base for an SKB rack case mixing cart. It worked but was not ideal. 

8 hours ago, jwill said:

You can have Remin make you a half shelf, its how I roll. I attach half shelf to front fork and roll in with Kartmaster at full length with pelicans etc, then once on site collapse to half a put up half shelf, perfect work space!

I was gonna try and fabricate my own with the help of my dad who has a full blown machine shop, along with some other mods. But is the quality of the custom one they made you on par with the cart itself ie is it sturdy locking into place etc?

Hear ya go, I attach tray backwards when in stretch mode to assist DP with load in, once inside i reverse top tray and go small!! Victor Kasmark ( remin) will 

make ups one! 100 or so $!! Now that you see it , Im betting you make it with your dad....I would!!

DSC00874.JPG

DSC00876.JPG

DSC00877.JPG

DSC00878.JPG

• 1 month later...

I called the manufacturer to look info custom half shelf but the lady I talked to said they cannot offer that only full size shelves. Perhaps I spoke to the wrong person. Maybe I should share pics above jwill with them if you'd be ok and talk them into it? If not I am looking at building a version of my own but in the meantime here are my custom shelves useful in 2x work modes full vertical and 4 wheel drive. Work in progress, need to make a few more tweaks but looking forward to working with it next week. 

20190118_164637.jpg

20190118_164118.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 1/18/2019 at 3:55 PM, osa said:

I called the manufacturer to look info custom half shelf but the lady I talked to said they cannot offer that only full size shelves. Perhaps I spoke to the wrong person. Maybe I should share pics above jwill with them if you'd be ok and talk them into it? If not I am looking at building a version of my own but in the meantime here are my custom shelves useful in 2x work modes full vertical and 4 wheel drive. Work in progress, need to make a few more tweaks but looking forward to working with it next week. 

20190118_164637.jpg

20190118_164118.jpg

Recently upgraded with a custom shelf rig with the help of the home depot. Gives me a 3rd modular option now for cart mixing. Rigged out is sloppy right n now but fine tuning in progress

CCBC8233-EA25-4DD6-B64A-8DDAB4D3BC5C.png

08F9F5E0-5C6F-41F1-B162-4C245AF78566.png

• 4 months later...