Betso customer support.

From the Black Friday thread, I got two conflicting reports about the state of Betso’s customer support.

Texas-based @noelmdfw says:

I've had conversations with a couple retailers and they've all expressed concerns over support from Betso (not sure whether european consumers have it better) for the consumer and poor communication even with the retailers, I have also been waiting for their slate since September 4th (they haven't sent any to the retailers).

Conversely, London-based @gareth john says:

I've had amazing support from them in Europe, same day collection via fedex after reporting a fault, turned around and back to me in under 3 days.

it might be worth contacting Jan Zastera direct via info@betso.eu

I’m a little concerned now that I own TCX-2’s. Betso not having a service center/partner near me wasn’t a concern until now.

Do any other Betso owners (and perhaps distributors who wish to share) have any complaints regarding the company’s support?

I've just sent my second Besto receiver off to get serviced as the LED display just decided to die....and the battery door has been sticking so it's time for a european  vacation.

The first one was no problem.

Returned within a week and a bit from Europe to Vancouver Trew audio.

Other than them being far away i've had nothing but flawless service from all the products i've purchased by them.

I love wirelessly updating timecode anytime and my Assist loves never have to chase down the camera peeps after lunch.

So no complaints from me regarding support....we shall see after this one returns.

Hello guys,

we allways try to offer the best support possible. When some part for our product comes and is not perfect, we rather don’t sell it and wait for the right part. This is also the reason, we had a big delay of our WTCS-1 slates. But availability/unavailability of some product does NOT affect real support of customers, who already bought it.

In the past, some repairs was delayed because of dealer, who used post for sending us products for service regardless we very suggested to avoid this shipping method and use Fedex or other courier service, which is multiple times quicker.

Thank you and kind regards,

Jan Zastera
BETSO

I posted this on the Black Friday thread too but just wanted to lend my opinion and experience in this thread as well:

I can't address the supply chain but have purchased a handful of betso items over the last 6 years (including a 2nd TCX-2 during this sale, thanks Daniel for the heads up on deals, greatly appreciated). I've always found Jan Zastera to be on point with communication and handled any inquiries I had in a prompt manner. I've found their products to be extremely well built and designed. When I asked about the repair process, it was said that for some repairs parts could be shipped to Gotham Sound (my preferred reseller) and they could handle repairs there and some would need to be handled by Betso. I can recommend Betso and Jan without hesitation. 

My biggest issue is that I have a sbox1n with a faulty door and it was going to cost over $100 to ship it to Betso. I tried Trew Audio where it sat for a couple of months before telling me they couldn’t fix it and it would have to go back to Betso. Not worth it considering I have Ambient boxes as well that I have never had any issue with as well as service availability in the states. Even though the Betso Timecode was solid and Jan was good I communicate with I will never buy another Betso product because of the lack of service here in the states. 

5 hours ago, ryanpeds said:

My biggest issue is that I have a sbox1n with a faulty door and it was going to cost over $100 to ship it to Betso. I tried Trew Audio where it sat for a couple of months before telling me they couldn’t fix it and it would have to go back to Betso. Not worth it considering I have Ambient boxes as well that I have never had any issue with as well as service availability in the states. Even though the Betso Timecode was solid and Jan was good I communicate with I will never buy another Betso product because of the lack of service here in the states. 

Hello Ryan,

you wrote us 11/30/2017 and I answered you 6 hours later just because of time shift. I asked you for information to understand the problem. Your SBOX-1N door was bended and because of that hard to slide and finally it got stuck (lack of lubrication).

I offered you to sending new battery door for free! You could replace it in few minutes.

You did not respond to my email from 11/30/2017 to 3/17/2018!

Then you wrote on 3/19/2018 that you were at Trew Audio and they told you something what causes the issue. That time you asked us, if you can ship it back, I said yes, if you want to. Anyway, replace battery doors at your place would be easy as ABC and you rather let Trew to send it back.

Anyway, on 3/19/2018 you still had SBOX in your hands asking me for address. Then it got stuck for a month at Trew Audio, this is right. We repaired it the same day it came to us and shipped it back to them.

Please do not judge our support if this is a fault of dealer. Judge services of this dealer, who delayed it.

Jan

On 12/6/2018 at 11:51 PM, janz said:

Hello Ryan,

you wrote us 11/30/2017 and I answered you 6 hours later just because of time shift. I asked you for information to understand the problem. Your SBOX-1N door was bended and because of that hard to slide and finally it got stuck (lack of lubrication).

I offered you to sending new battery door for free! You could replace it in few minutes.

You did not respond to my email from 11/30/2017 to 3/17/2018!

Then you wrote on 3/19/2018 that you were at Trew Audio and they told you something what causes the issue. That time you asked us, if you can ship it back, I said yes, if you want to. Anyway, replace battery doors at your place would be easy as ABC and you rather let Trew to send it back.

Anyway, on 3/19/2018 you still had SBOX in your hands asking me for address. Then it got stuck for a month at Trew Audio, this is right. We repaired it the same day it came to us and shipped it back to them.

Please do not judge our support if this is a fault of dealer. Judge services of this dealer, who delayed it.

Jan

I never complained about you responding. I actually said that you were quick to respond. I never sent it to you because fed ex wanted over $100 and UPS even more just for shipping so I explored other options. I sent it to Trew because that is where I bought it and they thought that they could fix the door. They determined that the door couldn’t be fixed and that the entire unit housing needed to be replaced by you. And the battery door wasn’t bent. I had only used it a few times so it’s not like I had mistreated it. They said the little ball under the door had shifted. Nothing to do with lubrication. 

I think it’s fair to let others know of the service difficulties with Betso products being that there is not a service provider here in the states. I never had any issues with the stability of the Timecode just the housing which I determined wasn’t worth fixing due to the high costs of shipping. 

The unit is still not fixed and can’t be fixed unless I send it to the Czech Republic. I have other options and would rather not spend that kind of money on shipping. 

I also have another friend here with a faulty door. He received a replacement door but has not replaced it due to the fact that it is a very precise process and not easy to accomplish since you have to drill into it to replace the door. I had no desire to try it myself and that is why I sent it to Trew. Not as easy as ABC. 

I don’t appreciate being attacked when I tried to be honest and upfront about my experience. 

26 minutes ago, ryanpeds said:

I never complained about you responding. I actually said that you were quick to respond. I never sent it to you because fed ex wanted over $100 and UPS even more just for shipping so I explored other options. I sent it to Trew because that is where I bought it and they thought that they could fix the door. They determined that the door couldn’t be fixed and that the entire unit housing needed to be replaced by you. And the battery door wasn’t bent. I had only used it a few times so it’s not like I had mistreated it. They said the little ball under the door had shifted. Nothing to do with lubrication. 

I think it’s fair to let others know of the service difficulties with Betso products being that there is not a service provider here in the states. I never had any issues with the stability of the Timecode just the housing which I determined wasn’t worth fixing due to the high costs of shipping. 

The unit is still not fixed and can’t be fixed unless I send it to the Czech Republic. I have other options and would rather not spend that kind of money on shipping. 

I also have another friend here with a faulty door. He received a replacement door but has not replaced it due to the fact that it is a very precise process and not easy to accomplish since you have to drill into it to replace the door. I had no desire to try it myself and that is why I sent it to Trew. Not as easy as ABC. 

I don’t appreciate being attacked when I tried to be honest and upfront about my experience. 

First of all, nobady attacks you, I think it is obvious. You add post to BETSO CUSTOMERS SUPPORT and it sounded like our support wasn't good. I just wrote, what happened. Is it really attack? 🙂

Your SBOX can be fixed in US and just with replacing of battery door. If you wrote us in the past, that you don't want to send it back because of shipping, I would offer you another solution through another dealer or another branch, where they can repair it for you.

About your friend, I everytime offer possible solutions and he chose sending new battery door to him. He never wrote back, he has some issue with it. I would help him or foward him to dealer, who can help him.

For the record, I had to send one of my SBOX1N back for a repair and Jan handled all aspects of the repair efficiently and quickly. I think it went to Czech Republic and back in under two weeks. I figured it would take a few months like other European manufacturers *cough* Schoeps... but no. 

11 hours ago, janz said:

First of all, nobady attacks you, I think it is obvious. You add post to BETSO CUSTOMERS SUPPORT and it sounded like our support wasn't good. I just wrote, what happened. Is it really attack? 🙂

Your SBOX can be fixed in US and just with replacing of battery door. If you wrote us in the past, that you don't want to send it back because of shipping, I would offer you another solution through another dealer or another branch, where they can repair it for you.

About your friend, I everytime offer possible solutions and he chose sending new battery door to him. He never wrote back, he has some issue with it. I would help him or foward him to dealer, who can help him.

I was told that it isn’t just the battery door that needs to be replaced but the entire case. This was from the service department at Trew. Sending me a new battery door doesn’t solve my problem. 

Yes I added a post to Betso Customer support because this is a support issue.  These are the experiences I have had with support for my product. If people in the states want to buy a Betso product they should be aware that they may have to ship to the Czech Republic. Mine is only one experience as we can see from the many positive experiences posted here.

I have chosen to not pursue to have the problem fixed because I decided it’s not worth the money or my time to go further with it.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:33 AM, Scott Aitken said:

I've just sent my second Besto receiver off to get serviced as the LED display just decided to die....and the battery door has been sticking so it's time for a european  vacation.

The first one was no problem.

Returned within a week and a bit from Europe to Vancouver Trew audio.

Other than them being far away i've had nothing but flawless service from all the products i've purchased by them.

I love wirelessly updating timecode anytime and my Assist loves never have to chase down the camera peeps after lunch.

So no complaints from me regarding support....we shall see after this one returns.

Hi Scott,

we received your item today and we are going to dispatch it today back to Vancouver. It should be there in two days.

Battery door repair was made for free. Display was damaged mechanically (glass was broken and front face too), so we changed it and send details to your dealer. As well as broken display for your check. Repair is not expensive, don't be affraid.

Jan
BETSO

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Scott Aitken said:

Thanks Jan!

works fantastic now..

4 years running with your wireless timecode systems.

not one complaint from post.

worth every penny....and the shipping is the worst part...but that’s life and being on the west coast of North america.

all the best and happy holidays!

scott

Thank you for information, Scott!

Enjoy your holidays as well and we all wish you all the best in the New Year!

Kind regards,

Jan