Question re: jamming a TCS :wave

Allen Rowand

Separate is good in this case. Many tasks only work well with one way communication. (overly simplified). For TC,  bi-directional cables can induce errors from one device to the next. single direction cables make life simpler. They should be well labelled with the signal direction marked.

Just my 2 cents

To me it looks very simple; you got standard IN and standard OUT connections from your Lemo, with the option (through menus) of swapping the IN for an additionnal OUT if you wish, including genlock. So you go with a common Lemo 5 pin wired as all the big players do (Sound Devices, Lectro, etc) and if you'd like to feed another nearby unit from your main one, you can easily do it just through the menus. This is also the connector used for genlock on multi-cam shoots.

As additionnal info, since I just received my Ultrasync One units, they provide two cables identified as ''blue'' and ''red'' to ease up on setups I suppose; they're the same. Shell to shell, pin to pin (DIN 1.0/2.3 to BNC connectors). So if you swap your blue cable for a red one, everything should work all right. It's just a ''label'', if you wish...