SRC "mismatch" IR sync problem

saadasound

I just got my SRC B1 and a SMWB B1, and trying to smart tune seems to always tune to a "mismatched" frequency outside the range of the transmitter. I also tuned on B1N and still tunes to mismatched frequency. Anyone have this same issue or know if I'm missing something? 

Also, It feels like the SMWB runs pretty low with COS11's... Had to have my gain on them set close to 35 to get movement on the SRC. 

THANKS!

Steve

Well, kind of depends what you mean by figured it out... There are a set of frequencies within block 23 (and thus also in the upper end of B1) that are not available for use in the US. This basically means don't tune the receiver to these specific frequencies if you want to be able to use your transmitters with it. I have attached the Block 23 frequency table from Lectro's website below. It shows these as TV Channel 37 in yellow and "not available in the US".

I'm not sure why these freqs are available on the receivers, but it's only illegal to transmit on them, so maybe it's easier to just leave them in for manufacturing.

Perhaps someone from Lectro can chime in....?

blk23.png

On Page 24 of the manual, "Finding Clear Frequencies with Smart Tune",  there is a note about scanning B1 or Block 23.  From the Setup menu select Smartune.  Next select which receiver you wish to tune (UP or Down arrow to select 1 or 2 - then press Menu/Select).  Then select which block you wish to scan  using the up/down arrows - select either B1N or 23N for correct scanning (N for North America).  These will then skip over the 608-614 frequencies reserved in North America for Astronomical frequencies.    This will help you avoid getting a freq your US/Canada transmitter cannot use.

The SRC can be used internationally since it is a receiver and not subject to the emissions rules by which transmitters are governed.  

What firmware versions are in your SRc and SMWB?

What happens if you select Block 21 or 22  only (i.e. not allow it to choose from the entire B1 band) with SmartTune?

If you manually tune receiver to a known good (US legal) frequency, and use IR sync to set the transmitter, what happens?