OSIX CMR I: Why was it discontinued?

Aural Fixation

I've been researching wireless boom options for awhile now and only just stumbled across the CMR in the Schoeps catalog. Who is out there using it? and how?

The shortest cable length is 6 feet long. That's hardly for boom use. I haven't found one that's appropriately sized for putting on the end of a boom pole.

Then since I've also been looking into Cinela suspensions and because they are so microphone specific in their designs, I figured this might be right up their alley. Apparently, I was right because they have the OSIX CMR I. It's the exact solution for me since I already have the MK41 capsule and wouldn't need a phantom power source nor the CMC amp to accept +48. But Cinela has discontinued this model.

WHY?!?!  (I've already queried Cinela and will post their answer)

For now, though, anyone out there know of problems that would make this a bad way to go? I'm hoping it was just lack of sales.

Anyone have any real world stories to tell (and maybe a lead on me purchasing one)?

osixcmri.jpg

I own 2 CMR cables and use them as plants. In my experience they work well but are very gain hungry and not as “RF proof” as the most recent CMC6 body. I have to crank my lectro to get a good level. Still sounds good though. And the cable is really microphonic. I could see that being a pain on a boom. I haven’t tried it though.

• 1 year later...