Anyone used the Hawk Woods DV-SQNR Power Adaptor?

Allen Rowand

Generally speaking, Hawk Woods products are very well made, and this one is no exception. 

I haven’t got that exact one, but I‘ve got the DV-AUX2S and the DV-SQN4S. 

The advantage of those two is, obviously, that you can connect more than one device to it, which can be useful. The Aux2S and your SQNR have only regulated outputs. That means you have no way of monitoring the voltage level of your battery. On the AUX2S there is a LED which turns red, IIRC, when voltage gets low, but I don’t think it’s on the SQNR.

• 2 months later...

@Allen RowandRoERowandRoE

Excellent solution for the F8, there is an on/off switch, but I noticed that even when off, the battery looses some power, and if you leave it there for a few days, completely depletes. 

I do not know if it is just mine but it is a bit annoying, but no big deal.

A great solution, especially if you have some L batteries around, like I do.

15 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Li-Ion batteries in genereal lose charge over time

Sure, just my impression that is loosing slightly more when connected to the HawkWoods. Just a minor setback, really. Now, I just take the battery out at the end of the day anyway.

Cheers.

I had Sean over at Media Blackout make me a custom dual cup version of his L-Series Wedge Plate.  It has 15V regulation, P-Tap output, voltage meter, designed to sandwich in-between a mount and battery, but is quite a bit more expensive.

https://mediablackout.net/collections/battery-eliminators/products/sony-np-f550-wedge-plate?variant=31982093132

DSCF2800.jpg

I wound up going the less expensive route and picked up a Talentcell pack for the time being. Almost all the work I'm doing is indoors where I can plug in, and I use the battery as a backup in case something stupid happens to the AC. I 3d printed a switch cover and haven't had any issues.

When I get more "real" bag work I'll invest in a proper solution, but for now it does the trick.