Sanken Distributor issues

Erob

About 6 weeks ago I ordered a Sanken COS 11-D from B&H and still haven't received it. I reached out to them and they said they would check with the distributor Plus 24 who drop ships them directly to the customer. Upon hearing back B&H said they have no timeframe as to when they will be shipping it out as Plus 24 was unable to give them a date. Now this is the second one I ordered form B&H in a two week span, this one was  wired for a Lectro SSM, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. The first one I ordered was shipped out in 7-10 days as expected and got to me with no issues. They offered to cancel the order if I would like but I really need the mic and was curious since Plus 24 is the only distributor in the US if this would be an issue anywhere I purchased it? Or if other companies actually keep them in stock and could ship one out to me directly.

I'm really just curious if anyone else has had a problem like this? I was thinking about reaching out directly to Plus 24 but wasn't sure if they would be helpful or not since I bought it through a third party vendor. 

Can't hurt to contact them. I've only chatted with plus24 people at tradeshows and here (IIRC); seemed like helpful folks. There's a contact form on their website:

https://www.plus24.net

Also, I --think-- some of our usual-suspect dealers keep at least a few COS-11 mics in stock. At least, when I bought a new one a few months ago, thre was pretty fast turnaround and it didn't appear to be dropshipped. And IME, no price penalty & great pre/post-sales support. A partial list of such dealers would be what Sound Devices calls Stocking Partners:

https://www.sounddevices.com/resellers/us

There are some other good dealers, and they also appear to sometimes hang out here.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Alex Weinberg said:

Not sure if DVE store uses the same supplier, but I use them or BH for 99 percent of what I buy.

Plus 24 is the US distributor for Sanken. 

As Jim said, several of what we call "The Usual Suspects" probably have COS-11s in stock.  "The Usual Suspects" refers to location sound dealers that work hard to service our little sector of the filmmaking ecosystem.  Therefore, many of us recommend patronizing them over large box stores. 

3 hours ago, John Blankenship said:

Plus 24 is the US distributor for Sanken. 

As Jim said, several of what we call "The Usual Suspects" probably have COS-11s in stock.  "The Usual Suspects" refers to location sound dealers that work hard to service our little sector of the filmmaking ecosystem.  Therefore, many of us recommend patronizing them over large box stores. 

+1

-Mike

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm going to reach out to Plus 24 and see if they have an answer for me. Otherwise I'll probably cancel and try with one of the "Usual Suspects." Who I also do my best to spread  the love to. The main reason I went with B&H here was that they included the accessory package for the same price as just the mic, saving about $40. Which in the grand scheme isn't a lot of money but when you have a tight budget and are ordering multiple it can add up quickly. 

57 minutes ago, Erob said:

The main reason I went with B&H here was that they included the accessory package for the same price as just the mic, saving about $40. 

Negotiate for a price match! At least in my experience, the kind folks at my production sound dealer (Second City Sound) have done so without much hesitation.