Antenna choice for cart or bag work

nonisound

Hi
I have a question about your choice of antennas. Mostly I'm working from my trolly, and a lot of times I am a bit far from the set.  I'm very happy with Betso CPAA-18. Having an active antenna that compensates for the long cable distance  is a great option. As they are a bit heavy , I'd like to have an option for portable bag work. Also they will be my back up for CPAA-18 in a case of ...  I am  thinking about RF Venue Diverisi Fin. Of course first difference is they are Passive antennas, but it would be great to hear more from  people who use them. Please share your option for cart or bag work.

Thanks a lot 

Noni 

For cart work I use the good old passive PSC shark fin with a Shure “pipe bomb” passive dipole. I typically remote them to either side of set, and that gets me great coverage. I typically use 100’ cables. You only need active antennae if your cable run is longer than that. 

For bag work I just use the whip antennae of my receivers. However, in the past when I needed to be working out of a bag but not booming anything, and still a considerable distance from talent, I’d put the PSC shark fin with either a Lectro SNA600 or the Shure pipe bomb on a stereo T bar up at the top of my boom pole connected to a PSC RF Multi SMA on my bag. That got me incredible range and allowed the talent to wander a little without getting dropouts. 

I use the RF Venue Diversity fin on my smaller cart.

On the main unit cart i use 2 Lectro ALP620s. 

In the bag, I use whips.

Range, of course is stellar with the Lectro fins, but the RF Venue is a close second

Whips have much more limited range, so I keep the receivers as high as I can in the bag.

Thanks alot guys for your comments and suggestions. I am running Besto CPAA-18 from Lectro Venue 2. As Bestso are working only as an Active antenna, I am thinking to chuse BlueFin to have it as a buck up, or when I need to go from the bag. The price is really good, and they have a good amount of db gain.

I would like to use the opertunity to ask if anybody have an experiance with RF Venue Spotlight antenna.