michaelhrtmn4

Favorite Mic to use for Interior Situations?

5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Oktava has so many limitations that make their use unpractical for our trade. I have Oktava mics among others in my set, and quite honestly, Audix and AT are the cheapest useful ones one can get. Everything else is really unpractical and creates more issues than it solves.

I have the Sanken CS-M1 in my shopping list, it could be a good middle solution - do - it - all - run - n - gun mic.

my using exp on the CS M1  is bit hizzy on high pitch , and not really great headroom compare to dpa 4017 or Cmit. But overall worth more then the price, But would not be my primary mic 

if only indoor dial , rejection is not ur 1 st thing to look in , I really like my neumann km 185 sound .

3 hours ago, joinwooHK said:

my using exp on the CS M1  is bit hizzy on high pitch , and not really great headroom compare to dpa 4017 or Cmit. But overall worth more then the price, But would not be my primary mic 

if only indoor dial , rejection is not ur 1 st thing to look in , I really like my neumann km 185 sound .

The question is:

is it an 70-80% of a 416?

is it an 70-80% of the KM185?

My .02; for interiors, I want a mic that's small. An MKH50 is okay, but the Schoeps with the swivel joint is so flexible in terms of just being able to fit eveywhere; under doors, walkies in corridors are just so much easier with a small mic. For people sitting/lying down in sofas or beds, the MKH50 is just perfect. Or the CMIT5U..

So look at dimensions too, not just specs. The Oktava has a swivel joint thing you can buy, as well as the 8000-series.

My point is, sound is important, sure, but if you can't fit your mic where you need to put it then you won't have any sound at all... Unless your lavs sound acceptable. 

The Schoeps CCM series sound great for its size, it's a challenge to boom with because of handling noise though, but worth a look. 

The other recommendation is to rent, or buy used

Thank you all for replying. I am super new to the forum life and I think it is super cool to have a means of reaching out and finding specific answers to questions as well as building a community within my own niche. 

You all have been super helpful! I have decided to go with the Audix SCX1-HC. Seems like a sturdy little guy and will do for now!